ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 tce with a drink problem.

Twingo GT
Hello, I'm getting fed up with my car.

It's a twingo gt (1.2 tce 100, 40k with fsh). Had it about 7 months now, done about 3k in it.

Problem is around town it gets about 25mpg and on the motorway it gets around 30mpg. I'm not driving like a need a pee all the time. (say 85% of the time I change up around 2500, 3000 rpm). The car has been fully serviced, all filters and oil changed to renault spec and the brakes readjusted to make sure there not dragging. The car has no error codes and runs ok (well, I do I think it should have more go than to does though, long term fuel trim is around -9%) and passed its mot no problem. It's been to 3 garages and no one can find out whats wrong with it.

As an example I had a peugeot 106 1.1 for 7 years, doing the same journeys, it never went under 38 mpg and on the motorway it was doing high 50's.

I like the twingo, but its a joke that a 1.2 is going through fuel like a 3 litre. So I thought I'd ask on here for any ideas, otherwise it'll be going soon.