ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 to a 1.?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, I currently have a MK2 Phase 1 1.2 RN, Black, 3 Door Clio, And it doesnt have that oomf i want, And the fact it seems to cost a fair amount to run, Im going through 10 pound a day at the minute just commuting and then the odd run across the other side of town, And i change gear at 2000 rpm!

Is this normal?

So i was thinking, Diesel Van,

Cheaper to insure?
Cheaper to run?
Cheaper to tax?

And seeing as im a mechanic i can chuck my tools in when i want to do barrow jobs as im changing proffesion soon and going back to college.

Any views on what type of Clio Van i should get? Im not that up to date with the engines ect.

Thanks, Jet

fiesta 1.25
Well, I currently have a MK2 Phase 1 1.2 RN, Black, 3 Door Clio, And it doesnt have that oomf i want, And the fact it seems to cost a fair amount to run, Im going through 10 pound a day at the minute just commuting and then the odd run across the other side of town, And i change gear at 2000 rpm!

Is this normal?

So i was thinking, Diesel Van,

Cheaper to insure?
Cheaper to run?
Cheaper to tax?

And seeing as im a mechanic i can chuck my tools in when i want to do barrow jobs as im changing proffesion soon and going back to college.

Any views on what type of Clio Van i should get? Im not that up to date with the engines ect.

Thanks, Jet

No idea how many miles do you get?
How much do you think youd save a year?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, I put 40 pound in the tank, Got 350 miles out of it. :(

And im not sure to be honest, Probably more than i would with the 1.2.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I suppose ill have to cut down on unneccesary trips then :(

Whats the average on Dci clios though?

2007 Clio Extreme 1.2 16v
im on the way to getting about 550 miles out a tank on my car, 1.2 16v..... average about 45 mpg daily driving

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
im on the way to getting about 550 miles out a tank on my car, 1.2 16v..... average about 45 mpg daily driving

Really?! I drive mine on a daily commute 90 miles a day and do 48-55MPG and only get 490Miles. That includes heavy traffic on most days (M25).
Never believe what the computer says. It lied to me over the last 10 months and 35,000 Miles!!

Considering 350 Miles isn't bad.

i swear thats what the trip computer says ........... i have done about 400 miles already and its saying about 170 left

i have been driving sensibly most of the time and did fill the tank right to the top

was about £45 to fill the tank

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005

I assume a lot of motorway? Seems right.

I get 37mpg for town driving and some 40 roads on my 1.2 16v

If you go Diesel, the 1.5 Dci is very economical, maybe push for the mk3.

M2 Competition
Well, I put 40 pound in the tank, Got 350 miles out of it. :(

And im not sure to be honest, Probably more than i would with the 1.2.

If you put 40 quid in, and got almost 350 miles, spending a tenner a day are you trying to say you do almost 90 odd miles commuting a day?

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
in my dCi i get a average 65+ mpg,and if on a run it goes forever lol
£40 will always see over 500 miles and even pusj high 500's if i take a run to the coast etc..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
with a van there £190 a year to tax , more expensive to insure ,but are still cheap to run

I assume a lot of motorway? Seems right.

I get 37mpg for town driving and some 40 roads on my 1.2 16v

If you go Diesel, the 1.5 Dci is very economical, maybe push for the mk3.

no its mostly a roads - not really city centre driving