ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 53 reg Bumper Inserts

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Hiya,

I wanted to ask how do you get the front inserts off a std bumper? Do they just pop off...i was thinking of getting them sprayed up but garage wont do it unless i take them off the car. Same with the door trims...do they just slide off?? Can anybody can help me on how to do this?

Thank you.

Chocolate Bar™
blunt butter knife and force the clips out. Some people will say you'll need to take the bumper off, they're all pussys :rasp:

with the front bumper inserts they have quite a few clips, but they are quite difficult to get off and take time, damage to the paint work of your bumper is possible if you rush, thats why the shop wont take them off for you.

best thing is to get a screw driver and put some cloth over it and then you prise off the ends first (the side parts cover the part with the number plate, so you need to take these off first). take you time with it mate.

the side bump strips are easier, open your doors and again using the screw driver lift the part away form the panel slightly (as it has a piece of plastic locking it into the panel) once this is lifted slightly pull the rear section towards the door and it will slide off, and same with the door insert, slide it towards the front of the car.

like i said, make sure you take your time and dont force it too hard or you will damage the plastic, or worse damage your apint work.

hope this helps.

jamie

BMW M135i
Easily resprayable though.

blunt butter knife and force the clips out. Some people will say you'll need to take the bumper off, they're all pussys :rasp:

So true, get stuck in there :eek:. Managed fine myself, was the rear insert that gave me some grief.

yeah the rear is a b1tch to get off. ^^^true as well about being easier to respray, you already have a nice smooth surface to start with. . . . . one hopes :D

jamie

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Hey thats great thank you everyone for the help, the garage wont touch it unless i take them off myself or they say they have to charge me loads cause they wanna take the bumper off!!

I'm going to give it a go hopefully this weekend.