ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 sport started to rough idle recently, any idea's please

None
it's my brothers clio and just the past few days the engine has started to shake quite a lot when sat idling at lights, we changed the plugs and the ht leads but no improvement, drives ok under acceleration but he says it's lacking power still, i tell him it's cause it's a 1.4 but he fails to see my humour :)

only other thing we can think of is the coil pack but it's nearly a £60 item and not something he wants to spend money on if it's not going to solve it.

Any idea's on what it might be please, cheers

oh and we pulled off each ht lead one at a time with the engine running and there was a distinct difference so all plugs are firing.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
clean the throttle body out i bet thats whats causing it. is it the 1.4 16v? its similar to the 1.6 16v which suffers from this problem quite badly

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its the 8v version, I'm going with theidle control valve.

Whip it off, clean it all out with some brake cleaner and re fit. They get gunked up in shite and it stops them moving freely.