ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 DCI fuel consumption

Hi there,

Just got a 1.5 DCI (65 Bhp) it had done 900 miles when I got it and now sits at 1900miles after a trip to london and back.

The trip computer said I got an avarage fuel consumption of 50 MPG on the trip to london and back. I was sitting at 70Mph on the motorway for the majorety of the time. I thought this was rather low considering the claim is the car will do between 65 and 75 MPG.

Will this avarage improve as the car ages? Should I be worried?

Cheers Dave

P.S. I have been driving with a very light foot trying to get the best MPG even after resetting the trip computer the best I get is around 55MPG.

Ive got a 65 dci (welcome to the club) mpg seemed to get sligthly better after about 10k and 20k.

I get 55mpg ~60 att the time now (33k). Ive seen 65mpg when being more carful and over 85mpg being very gently but I get bored of that sort of speed.

Most cars seem to do there urban MPG all the time driving so long as its a decient mix and there combined on long runs.

The mpg they advertise isnt a very true reflection in my view the governement group are looking into how the tests are being carried out at the moment.

The 80dci seems to be better but that might be down to the higer ratio box.

Cheers for that. Love the car so far. Actualy quite nippy compared to my 1.4e megane that I ahd previously.

D

our dci is the 80 one, and hubby gets over 60mpg from it (I drive it a bit like I drive the Vee - or try to !!!! so I get a bit less than that) - but still always high 50s

Id like to claim the title for worst MPG though try and beat 37mpg (might have been sligtly less but the trip hadnt been reset) over quite a few miles of roads.

54mpg was the best I ever had on my old DCi 65, that was driving like an old man! 99% of the time it stayed on the 50.9 mark! I had it for 18 months covering 20k miles.

Two of my mates DCis (Bought on the same day) did around the same around 50MPG.

You cant really believe what the trip computer, I dont think they are very accurate..

Quote: Originally posted by richross on 25 October 2004

You cant really believe what the trip computer, I dont think they are very accurate..
Accoring to my calculation (Im sad) it is accurate in my case to about 0.5% and it under reads this is after about 30k miles.