ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1,6 16v question.

182 cup pack

Guys I have a clio 1,4 16v that now is 1,6 16v.The displaysment has been increased via installing the pistons of the 1,6 and the block of it.(but when i open the bonnet the intake manifold says renault 1,4 16v and of course the serial number of the engine is the same as it was before-so practically noone can find out that the engine is 1600....)

The question now is:"How can we further increase the displaysment of the car from 1600cc to 1800cc,without changing the engine"???????????

For example if i find a block of a laguna 1,8 16v engine,can I make it 1800?????Or I cannot increase it more???

I think that the earn in torgue and power will be much.

Thanks

Using the blocks from other engines is always an idea, but only viable if they are compatible. othwerise youll be left with different water wathways and oilways, water pumps, flywheels, ECU problems with sensors....etc etc......and the cylinder head wont fit onto the block.

Recap a bit, you increased the capacity from 1400-1600 by using the pistons and block.....why didnt you just change the whole short motor?

To increase capacity firther you can either increase bore or stroke.......thats the only way.

depends by what means you use.

If you increase the bore youll need to find oversize pistons and youll need to find out how much of an overbore the block will take before you break into a waterway.

If your stroking it you can either get the big ends offset but youll need to get your con rods modified to take the smaller bearings. Or you can get a custom long stroke crank made up for mega bucks.

Either way i really dont see a point. Itll be far easier to convert the injection system and modify the head and cams to get more power.

182 cup pack

I drove the clio of my mechanic that has 256 cams(Ive got 244)and at low rpm till 4000 my car is faster.After this point the other clio is much better.

At the dyno it showed 151 hp and 18 kg torgue but it works high.

So I was thinking that if i further increase the displaysment Ill have much more torgue and hpower from 0 to the limiter......

you will increase torque and decrease the level at which it reaches peak torque. But capacity isnt a function of peak BHP. So you wont increase bhp by much, rather just make a more torquey engine.

But, the larger capacity will allow you to run a wilder cam without feeling the offcam nonsense as badly.