ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6......any good

mk1 172

hello folks,

my girlfriend bought a new car today ( saxo vtr ) which beats my car hands down !

she has said that i am allowed (she might read this) to buy another one now because i am jealous !

what would you all recommend ?

i really fancy a clio 1.6 16v, what do you all suggest ?

what is the top speed and 0 - 60 on the 1.6 16v, also, what bhp is it pushing out ?

cheers

darswold

Polo + Micra

all i can say is that i havent been beaten yet by a vtr that includes a chipped IK + zorst

i hope this helps but some other people may have different stories which would negate this statment

this is just my experience

mk1 172

dink, you are a star, cheers matey

are they fast, i had a drive of her vtr today, really enjoyed it actually, it drives like a go kart ! is the 1.6 like this ?

darswold

mk1 172

cheers jay, thats all i need to know !

i wanna make her jealous because she is rubbing it into me something rotten !!!!!!

cheers

darswold

My 1.6 16v doesnt kill vtrs. Upto about 50 its pretty even but after that mine slowly pulls away. Not been beaten by one yet. Book time of the 1.6 16v is 9.6 0-60(or 62 dunno)

Mk2 Golf GTI

well mate, id say youll be beating her hands down in the looks department! But then again i despise saxos :devilish:. TBH i dont really rate VTRs. I know of a 1.1 that can keep up with them to 60!! I also heard that the clio 1.6 is an easily tuneable engine

ditto with the comment "have neva been beaten by 1 " lots of people round here have them and i have neva been beaten by one , and i am sitting on big ole 17s, so there must be your answer, i was gonna buy a vtr liked them but then drove the clio , so much nicer to drive lots more comforts and it was around the same price, well n e way i know youll make the rite choice (clio 1.6 16v, clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v, 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v,clio 1.6 16v) oops sorry GOOD LUCK

Mazda MX5 1.8

ive got a 1.6 also...... only had a few days and am still running it in so i cant comment on the max speeds but i think its pretty quick (esp compared to my old 1.2 8v!)

how many revs do u guys take it up to b4 u change gear?

6,000rpm! normal driving? about 4,000. If your running it in stay below 4,000 - changing to highest possible gear gets it down...

A guy at work thrashed its nuts off till it was screaming down the road from new and it seems to go faster for it but the engine sounded terrible.

You will find that with the clio, 1st gear isnt so fast to allow for more top end speeds.

Not being biased (or maybe I am) but have you considered a MINI Cooper. (Not the S) Cheap to insure (group 8) and 8.6 secs 0-60 / 9.2 0-100kmph.

I had one before the S and it was great fun. On the twisty stuff it is very capable. £11,600 basic price and on top of that you need to order the Chilli pack at a £1,000 to get the bigger wheels and half leather and a few other bits and bats.

Just a suggestion anyway.

I wouldnt say that the 1.6 16v would leave the VTR behind, from what I can tell having driven both they are very similar.

I had a VTR Mk2 98 bhp version up until last week and my mum has a 1.6 16v Clio and they appear to be very close in performace term and I would say that the Saxo handled a touch better but that is just my view.

Test drive a couple of cars that you like and see which you feel is the best.