ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 clio?

Mint Clio Valver!
not in mk.1 mate. mk.2 they got 1.6's. dunno anything about them though.

what about clio 1.8 rsi? almost valver just not quite as fast, but much more reliable!

Williams 2
1.8 are just to much for me to insure......... life is a b**ch!!!!!!!!

i still want a clio but dont want to pay the insurence and plus i like the mk1 clio's alot

Mint Clio Valver!
how comes it was £4k to insure a valver! thats big dosh.

u tried adrian flux? mine was only a £1200 when i was 19 with 2yrs no claims with them.

Williams 2
im 18 with 1 year no claims with and sp30 (speeding) i must say tho i wasnt' speeding in my car it was when i had a ped

Mint Clio Valver!
nah, 18 with 1yrs no claims and sp30 not gonna be friendly on 1.8's yet. 1.4RT is nippy enough car, what about that?

bloody peds, didn't know they cud break the speed limit! lol

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
davebem said:
See if you can find a bargain mk2ph1 1.6 8v, if not then try and find a 1.8rt or 1.8rsi mk1.
I've got a S reg 1.6 RXE on 63k with aircon, elec. roof, windows & mirrors, 6 cd, abs, pas etc, had cam belt changed and recently serviced, pm me if interested.

Leon Cupra R 225
if your after a 1.6 try a saxo vtr/vts, clio mk2 ph1 & 2 1.6. rsi and 16v models are quick for the ph1 mk2 and ph2 only go for the dynamique/dynamique + these are well equiped have a younger feel to them than other models and are quick aswell.

hope that helps :)

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
AXGT OR GTI

1.4 Twin choke
0-60 in 8 seconds

Had two of these when I was young and they are great little cars.

Only problem is finding a good one.

al

ST on the way...
CUPCRAZY said:
AXGT OR GTI

1.4 Twin choke
0-60 in 8 seconds

Had two of these when I was young and they are great little cars.

Only problem is finding a good one.

Sorry, for a second there I thought you'd suggested an AX! :S

If your going down that line, get a Renault 5 GTS, or if you can find one, a GTS Panache, 1.4 Twin Choke Weber 72bhp 850kg, quick! :)

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
al said:
Sorry, for a second there I thought you'd suggested an AX! :S

If your going down that line, get a Renault 5 GTS, or if you can find one, a GTS Panache, 1.4 Twin Choke Weber 72bhp 850kg, quick! :)

Sorry maybe a bit dated now,but they take me back to my teenage years.

I was tryiing to think of a car that is cheap to insure yet quick.

Anyone know what the cheapest/fastest car to insure is???

you should manage to get a 1.8 16v no bother mate, for much less insurance than that if you look around.. i had a 2.0 ibiza cupra at 18, and my 182 and 19.. can be done if you look around