ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 cuts out on idle?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
here we go...

Right I have a 54 plate 1.6 when you start it 9 times out of 10 the revs will keep dropping then it will shudder violently and cut out with the battery and stop lights coming on.

It will do this maybe 3 times then start and idle fine ?

Ive taken it to a local garage and they said they couldnt really help but if i find out whats wrong they can maybe do something about it ?

they did point out a wire/cable thats taped up could this have anything to do with it ?

DSC01284.jpg

Thats the cable in the centre seems to be okay when I reapply the tape? or is this just coincidence

sorry about all the questions

Hit me...... thanks a lot

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
no they dont seem to unless im just missing them!
it just goes back to as if it would with the ignition on the second turn the same sort of lights....if that made any sense

Megane Mk4
IIRC the 1.6 engine has loads of faults.
Maybe a faulty sensor somewhere or a dirty connection possibly, might even be a HT lead fault too.
btw, the pipe could do with replacing too.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
dont suppose anyone could help me out with a part number could they?
went to renault yesterday and they missed the parts desk by an hour

thanks alot andi-B ill suggest checking over the HT leads

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Throttle body, coil pack, throttle position sensor, crank sensor. It could be any one or all of these things gone wrong.