ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Mods

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hey Guys

Im new here i have a 1.6 clio 04 was wanting some advise on this

I have a long life catback system with mid note on it and a panel k nad n filter, zaust sounds very good cant quite hear the induction tho from the filter , I was thinkinh of getting a K&N 57i kit and making the piping off the(Silicone) throttle body for it then placing the cone by the light further down with enclosed case around it e.g simorta style and inserting cold air feeds ,, now has anyone here done anything similar to this if so any difference in driving e.g smoother and better noise any help would be great and pics also what is the diammeter on the throttle body to fit the piping or hosing too
confused.gif
forumbox_top_left.gif
forumbox_top_tile.gif
forumbox_top_right.gif
forumbox_left_tile.gif
Throttle Body
%7BF334D0BB-D5A2-4270-BD6E-65EBECA10394%7D.jpg
Throttle Body

In a fuel injection engine, the throttle body is the part of the air intake system that controls the amount of air flowing into the engine, in response to driver input. While the accelerator is often called a "gas pedal", it would be more accurate to describe it as an "air pedal".

The throttle body is usually located between the air filter box and the intake manifold, and usually attached to, or near, the mass airflow sensor.

The largest piece inside the throttle body is the throttle plate, which is a butterfly valve that regulates the airflow.
forumbox_right_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_left.gif
forumbox_bottom_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_right.gif

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Well I like the induction note from a cone filter and K&n are pretty good ive heard and I can make the air intaking piping
So I m asking has anyone done this before on here and did it improve anything or does it sound better ?????

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
From what i have read/understood they do nothing but make noise and the car actually runs better with the standard filter. Anyone correct me if i am wrong?

Listerine & Poledo
routing the cone to nearer the front and lower will give you potentially colder air, can't imagine it'd sound much different though.

you might get a 1/2 hp from it, maybe, but don't bet on it. Maybe you could get a V6 airbox on it? they're supposedly pretty handy

:/

Vivaro van
The hose u need for the throttle body is a 80mm inside diameter, then probly reduced to a 70 for the cone filter pipework, u will also need to fit a breather pipe from the block to the pipe which if i remember corectly is a 14mm oitside diameter pipe but ud have to check, i done this on my 1.4 and it was so noisy on induction roar it lasted about a hour before the old box went back on with a cone filter on that

Listerine & Poledo
Ok , Have you guys ever used induction kits in the past on any cars ?

Personally, no.

I prefer to save the money for general maintence and saving for a better vehicle.

I've used panel filters, and I've been told that a good panel in a standard clio airbox is the way forward. I did have one in my 172 before it got binned by Renault during a service. It gave a great noise when heading for the red-line compared to the OEM paper filter, that's for certain.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
the pic off piston heads looks a bit riggy but potentionally a good set up, in my experience k and n arent what there made out to be, and if your using an air box i would go for a sponge filter, you would proberbly be better off with a better airbox ( 172 maybe ? ) and a good cold air feed, also as said above dont forget about the breather lol, hope this helps

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Ok so maybe (ram air) for e.g I can make the piping myself but just looking for a good note ,, Q why is sponge better then ??

clio 1.6 Dynamique
well just looking for some advice as Ive seen the k and n induction kits they seem to be pretty good so people say and ive been told they help on fuel , (My car has a nice zaust system and I like the sound of of the kits seen some vids on youtube and they sound pretty good so Im seeing if anyone here has done this

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Yeh my zaust is midnote so its not too loud but sounds good Ive checked k and n and they are like £90.00 for my car

monaco 172
If you want noise just buy a cone filter and place it where its designed to be. Itl be loud. Messing about with all he piping is a waste of time, your not going to gain any performance either way.

Ph1 Non Sport
To baggyboy12 have you noticed any diff in fuel or smoother driving at all mate with that kit ??

Yeah it feels nicer but can't really tell as its probably psychological! Lol and fuel wise.. I'm putting more in as I love the noise so driving everywhere! Nah I can't really tell a difference in fuel at the moment, only had it on about a month..

Evo 8 MR
It's all a load of shite, if you want noise just get a custom decat fitted for less than the cost of an induction kit and it will give you waaay more noise, you won't even hear the engine from inside.

Disastra Coupe
Any cone filter will sound louder. But it won't give you any performance gains, it'll either do nothing at all or actually give you less power.

If you want noise, go for it. If you're expecting power, as said, the best thing you can do is get an aftermarket panel filter (Pipercross, ITG etc) and whack that in.... Or leave it as it is.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
keeping in mind with a setup similar to the ktec/ramair ones the longer the inlet pipe the more torque your going to loose (i beleive!)

standard airboxes are designed the optimal size and shape for your engine, obviously noise levels and space available has a say on them too but generally they are pretty good, personally id be removing the resonator and making a new air feed from the front of the car to the airbox, and id be changing the throttle body for a F4R non RS one, there is one that fits the engine thats slightly larger, there is info on it on here. and using a panel filter

next up id be doing an rstuner remap and leaving it at that!