ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.4 8v worth tuning!

You wouldnt get much gain from the TB swap along, std TB and headwork will give a larger gain.

FRST and 106 GTi

btw, does anyone knows the diameter of the shaft that comes in the laguna 1.8 TB? Need to check something. It seems that some R19 also had the same engine with the same SPI..... if this is true, then its easier for everyone to find the so desiered TB. :)

and, was the laguna 1.8 1794cc? Thats the R19 cc. :)

FRST and 106 GTi

btw, was the laguna 1.8 engine the F3P??? is this the same engine that was also found on the R19 and Clio?

Im lost here.

Quote "renault laguna 1.8 single injection unit "

im not much of a grease monkey, but im guessing this and the throttle body is what u were taking about early in post? or is this uni the throttle body?

worth picking one up and replacing it if i can get it for £10? :oops:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BUTRE on 08 April 2004

btw, was the laguna 1.8 engine the F3P??? is this the same engine that was also found on the R19 and Clio?

Im lost here.
yes but the 19 and clio versions were mpi. you need the early 1.8 spi laguna.

Ok im still lost here i need a defination of the difference between a SPI injection unit is and throttle bodies :oops:

a bloke lost bak end of his Laguna other week, i remebered this post, and he said i can any of the parts of his engine... so..........

what do i need? and is it worth swaping onto my RT? or will it be a waste of time?

Youve read through the post right?

You need the SPI injection throttle body off the 1.8 SPI lag.

SPI throttle bodies look the same as the one on yours with the constant injector aiming at the throttle plate, hence single point...only 1 injector. Throttle bodies are where each inlet tract is controlled by 1 throttle plate (butterfly) each, so you have 4 indipendant runners, one for each cylinder. MPI is where there is 1 throttle plate (butterfly) controlling airflow and 4 injectors placed in each inlet runner, 1 per cylinder.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 10 May 2004

Im lost here.
is the 1.8 spi an energy engine aswell or is it the rsi/1.8 rt lump (which is a volvo iirc)?

yup i have read the right post.......... this one..........

and i get the difference between SPI & MPI

but my question was for some1 to explain to me........

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 10 May 2004

Ok im still lost here i need a defination of the difference between a SPI injection unit is and throttle bodies :oops:

Are these different things? or the same thing?

sorry for being dense but im not going to know till some1 explains to me. and the other question.............

is this worth doing in your opinion?!

and yes i have read through the whole post, but never get a striaght answer when i posted before.

lets say i have a SPI throttle body from a 1.8lag in my right hand, and to my left if my lil 1.4RT, should i borther doing the swap?!

or is it not worth doing till got the head, Ecu done etc? if i was to do them.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by RTvalver on 10 May 2004

Im lost here.
is the 1.8 spi an energy engine aswell or is it the rsi/1.8 rt lump (which is a volvo iirc)?
an energy engine is a 1.4. the rsi and 1.8rt are f engines and multipoint injection. the f engine is in some older volvos but it is a renault engine. think renault and volvo must have had some deal going at sometime as they used the f engine and renault used the volvo N7Q engine in the laguna and safrane.

^^^ ben has already said, simple tb swap wont do particularly much. better to just get headwork if you are only doing one thing.

obviously to benefit from the increased airflow and injection the head will need some work anyway.

an energy engine is a 1.4. the rsi and 1.8rt are f engines and multipoint injection. the f engine is in some older volvos but it is a renault engine. think renault and volvo must have had some deal going at sometime as they used the f engine and renault used the volvo N7Q engine in the laguna and safrane.
cheers for clearing that up Jay. so im guessing the early laguna had a 1.8 E type engine then? otherwise the tb would be incompatable. in which case is it only the tb and injector system that is of use from that engine?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

an energy engine is only a 1.4 or 1.2. the laguna 1.8 single point injection was an f engine but the throttle body can be easily made to fit the energy engine inlet manifold. later f engines like the in the clio rsi were multipoint injection. do you get what i mean,i tend to waffle sometimes?

an energy engine is only a 1.4 or 1.2. the laguna 1.8 single point injection was an f engine but the throttle body can be easily made to fit the energy engine inlet manifold. later f engines like the in the clio rsi were multipoint injection. do you get what i mean,i tend to waffle sometimes?
ahhh right. yeah sorry i get you now! when you say throttle body, is it just the butterfly valve etc or is it the entire injectors and everything else that sits on top of the inlet manifold?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a spi has a throttle body with one injector in it and a throttle butterfly.it is bolted to the top of the inlet manifold on the energy engine. this supplys all the cylinders as a carb would.

an mpi has an injection rail with 4 injectors on it so you have 1 injector per cylinder. each injector injects fuel into the inlet manifold just before the air enters the head. the injection rail supplys fuel to all 4 injectors.

lol

i never the asked the difference between SPI and MPI its pretty obviously, i just wanted to know was it worth it.......... now look what ive done :oops:

Clio II 1.4 16V

Quote: an energy engine is only a 1.4 or 1.2
and 1.6 (from megane 1.6 RT 90HP)!

ive heard that R5 express had 1.4 energy engines with MPI! can U tell any more about that?

Clio 1.4, SV650S

For whoever asked earlier what a 1.4 energy MPI engine looked like...

http://premium1.uploadit.org/gladey/DSCF0038.JPGhttp://premium1.uploadit.org/gladey/DSCF0038.JPG

Thats an E7J-780 engine... 1.4 8v MPI in a 1999 clio

http://premium1.uploadit.org/gladey/DSCF0039.JPGhttp://premium1.uploadit.org/gladey/DSCF0039.JPG

thats a pic with the airbox cover off, you can see the throttle body, which is sandwiched between the airbox and in the inlet manifold.

i thought i had a pic with the airbox off completely, then you can see the whole throttle body, and fuel rail and all the injectors etc.

[Edited by entjm on 18 December 2004 at 5:37pm]