ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 Throttle Body on an RT!

Just wondering can I do this and is it easy enough to do. I was told by someone that it would just bolt on, but im not too sure if he was just talking crap? :confused: Also even if it does fit, would the engine run ok afterwards? I mean im guessing the fuelling needs to be changed but would it run ok without?

Any help appreciated, :D

Cheers Guys

yes it´s crap... theres no way that you coluld do that, the 1,4rt energy has monopoint injection and one injector at its throttle body so if you would put a 1,8 Tb at your 1,4Rt you wouldnt have a injector.

A slow one :-(

If you do a search im sure ive read that someone did put a Laguna TB on the RT engine!

350z & 16v Maxi

Racer X, the 1.8 is a mono point too, so you use the full assembly.

It DOES work as i have done it, you need to bore out the manifold slightly and get it chipped. I did it along with a regroung cam and mdded head.

Oh and were are talking about the 1.4 mono Point Injection Energy Engine that is in 91-96ish Clios

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 10 April 2004

again!

we talked about this 2 days ago.

lol

too right, people dont seem to read other threads prior to posting their own these days.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

put the laguna throttle body on my mates maxim ages ago,near enough a straight swap(only works on spi energy engines). got a feeling of dajarvoo here though.