ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 torsion bar click = mm

Just had my 16v clio lowered 50mm on shocks n springs but i want the back slightly lower

how many mm does it lower the back if the torsion bar is lowered one click?

my brake bias was adjusted when the torsion bar was lowered too, will it need to be asjusted more if i lower it another click?

cheers

It doesnt go like that - most people say it does tho, but it doesnt.

You just lower it to where ya want, and try and get the bar in at any point around there.. I think roughly, one single click is about 50mm on a Valver - they are lower to start with.

Naples Valver

clicks?

when you pop the torsion bar out, each spline you rotate it is the equivilant to 3mm, you do the math...

The outside splines (the ones nearest the wheels) are about 50mm each spline.

But the inside splines (the ones in the middle of the car, where it goes into a piece of metal in the shape of a figure 8) is about 10/15mm each spline.

Hope this is of some help.

Dave

haha

erm...

so if my torsion bar has been lowered 50mm, and i lower it another click/spline, how low will the back end of my car be?

How many clicks/splines will mine have already been lowered?

and will i need to adjust the brake bias again?

cheers

Titanium 182

use weights guide and slam it your self

just measure the desired height, its that simple!

you can only go so low till you run out of shock travel as i have found :(

how do i ajust the bias valve? iv looked at it but im not sure

no im not going to do it myself

i just wanna know how many clicks/splines to tell some1 to lower it by

LMAO

just tell them how much lower you want it, and they will have to get it as close as possible!

Its impossible to say i want it 10mm lower, it just cant be done!

left and right bars are anything upto 7mm out from each other anyway!

ok cheers, who is willing to lower my torsion bar then?

i live in cumbria but ill travel to more or less anywhere in the north of england

cheers