ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1080 hd lcd tv

dk

911 GTS Cab
i know its not the right size but i saw a nice one in comet yesterday for £1099, 37", can't remember the brand but it was one of the better ones.

Oil Burner
note you are after 1080p not 1080i

my vote goes for a pioneer, excellent tv's, also go for plasma not LCD, LCD's are too bright and sharp, they loose subtle tones unlike plasma's

However if you have kids, get an LCD, plasma's still suffer from burning if paused for very long times (overnight), they do have a shorter life than LCD, however can be recharged, unlike LCD.

Panasonic and samsung also worth a look in. Truthfully the sony's arnt that good, and they are very overpriced for the 1080P models.

If you want LCD go for the sharp, its very good if not a little too bright.

Samsung are also good.

The rest are not bad, but average. Value for Money: LG, new line just come out, its not bad, although in my opinion the older models had a better ballence of colour/contract/sharpness.

Oil Burner
wats the diference beetween 1080p and 1080i mate?

1080P is the highest at the moment, its the one everyone is making the fuss over.

1080i is just not such good quality, allto do with lines of picture per second or something, i dont pretend to understand the actual technology, just got a bit of first hand experiance with it.

wats the diference beetween 1080p and 1080i mate?

1080P is the highest at the moment, its the one everyone is making the fuss over.

1080i is just not such good quality, allto do with lines of picture per second or something, i dont pretend to understand the actual technology, just got a bit of first hand experiance with it.

good as you have posted a fair bit of incorrect info so far

Oil Burner

good as you have posted a fair bit of incorrect info so far

care to correct me then, im all ears, forum is for listening and generall discussing is it not?

no its not its true he has post alot of incorrect info

if you want 1080p you have to go lcd unless you want to spend LOT of money pioneer 1080p plasma is about £4k!!

a reason for lcd's been sharper is because they have more pixels than most plasmas ;)

plasmas dont suffer from screen burn these days but can suffer from image retention plasmas dont need recharging infact they cant be lcd's do last longer but we are talking 20 year lifespan or so and as image brightness is lost slowly you can never really tell

the sont tv's are no better than others that is true its because they all suck

sharp is getting long in the tooth these days tbh the tosh x series is better

oh and worst thing you can do is read avforum website !! if you buy a tv dont look for faults or you will never be happy

Oil Burner
no its not its true he has post alot of incorrect info

if you want 1080p you have to go lcd unless you want to spend LOT of money pioneer 1080p plasma is about £4k!!

a reason for lcd's been sharper is because they have more pixels than most plasmas ;)

plasmas dont suffer from screen burn these days but can suffer from image retention plasmas dont need recharging infact they cant be lcd's do last longer but we are talking 20 year lifespan or so and as image brightness is lost slowly you can never really tell

the sont tv's are no better than others that is true its because they all suck

sharp is getting long in the tooth these days tbh the tosh x series is better

ok well the image retetntion thing i had no idea about, all i know is ive seen Plasma's which i had been informed suffered from burning, however i have also been informed that plasma's can still be recharged. I have also been told the average life of an LCD is aprox 25k hours as opposed to 15k on plasma.

Not keen on the toshiba, had it on no HD next to the sony W series and the W series is better. Still dont like LCD, still maintain Plasma is better, However you are quite correct regarding the 1080P/plasma thing. But the 50inch plasma Pioneer what a TV:eek:

The sharp actually has gone end of line now, so prices are dropping, the 46 is hard to find so unlikely to get one cheap, however the 42" should be seriously good value for money soon.

15k hours thats 1.7 years at 24 hours per day !!!#

they cant be recharged that myth is very very old the units are sealed there is no way into them

what tosh is it you have been looking at ? the new 42X3030D is very good but tbh all lcds are bit s**t with sd content unless you sit very far back or have bad eyesight lol

i had a 1080p set at the start of the year it wasnt much better than 720p unless you were was ontop of the screen almost but ah well just go look at tv's see what one you like buy it and dont read any forums about lcd tvs or you will be told yours is s**t and it has problems even tho you thought it was great and fault free

Monaro VXR
From what I read on a lot of plasma tv's 60k hours was the half life. So its still watchable even after that its just not going to be as good quality. Even so 60k hours is still nearly 7 years if you left it on 24 hours a day.

By that time the technology will be out of date. The current thing there trying now is not just higher def but true 3d displays. There are a few in existence but not ready for mainstream use yet. Pioneer I think it was or Panasonic had some on display at one of the entertainment shows.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i just got panasonic viera 42px70 £800 quality screen

182 Cup
Hi there I have a 40inch 1080p Samsung LCD tv. The quality is really good I would def recommend one. I have sky HD too which is really good on it as are blu ray films

It was around £1000 on Play.com

R

rich[182]

15k hours thats 1.7 years at 24 hours per day !!!#

they cant be recharged that myth is very very old the units are sealed there is no way into them

what tosh is it you have been looking at ? the new 42X3030D is very good but tbh all lcds are bit s**t with sd content unless you sit very far back or have bad eyesight lol

i had a 1080p set at the start of the year it wasnt much better than 720p unless you were was ontop of the screen almost but ah well just go look at tv's see what one you like buy it and dont read any forums about lcd tvs or you will be told yours is s**t and it has problems even tho you thought it was great and fault free

^ That is SO true regarding forums lol...............AVFORUMS is a nightmare

My parents have just bought the Tosh 42" X series, SD images with a £30 QED scart are very good too
£1100 inc 5yrs cover

D

dick

ye same with anyting, cameras etc... youll never be happy if you read AV forums as someone will highlight it and youll be pissed off.