ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12k Service Items

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Is there anywhere on this site with definitive information about what needs to be done on the 12k/2 year service? After searching I'm seeing all kinds of different answers.

The reason I ask is that I changed the oil and oil filter 2000 miles ago and the air filter is apparently a life time one (don't know whether to believe that), so I'm wondering if it's worth spending the money to get the service book stamp or whether to change the other bits myself.

The last time my car was serviced it was on 73345 miles on 3/10/09 before I owned it. It's now on 84515 miles and obviously it's 2 years later (garaged for 7 months during that time though).

I have a receipt for spark plugs and a manifold gasket from the previous owner from June 2009 where the car would've been on ~70000 miles. Time to change them?

If I do go to a garage I'm thinking about going to Fred as I live in Leamington Spa.

Lionel Richie
brake fluid is every 2 years too, no one ever bothers which is annoying!

If the oil has been done and the plugs then you only really need a minor inspection (there maybe stuff no one has picked up on you see ;))

bin that air filter and get a normal one

clio 172
just go and get an intrim service for your own peace of mind

mine doesnt have service history but if you are keeping the car it shouldnt matter like that

It's nice
brake fluid is every 2 years too, no one ever bothers which is annoying!

If the oil has been done and the plugs then you only really need a minor inspection (there maybe stuff no one has picked up on you see ;))

bin that air filter and get a normal one

is a pollen filtter part of the 12k sevice fred?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
So it sounds like I need a pollen filter, brake fluid and air filter at least. Fred how much for an interim service form you? Is the brake fluid change included in that? (I realise you like people to call but as you've already replied :p)

Thanks everyone.

Discounted 1*2 parts
brake fluid is every 4 years. I wouldn't trust a oil filter with a lifetime warranty, if Renault say replace it every 2 years there is a reason for it! Also oil should be done every 2 years regardless of mileage as it degrades over time.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
brake fluid is every 4 years. I wouldn't trust a oil filter with a lifetime warranty, if Renault say replace it every 2 years there is a reason for it! Also oil should be done every 2 years regardless of mileage as it degrades over time.

Lifetime oil filter? I said air filter! When i bought the car it had a K&N sticker on the airbox that said the panel inside was lifetime - I'll just change it though, it's what £15?

My oil filter and oil is 2000 miles/2 months old.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
It may be a lifetime filter but it still needs to be maintained! You can buy K&N re charger kits (basically cleaner and oil) the filters have to be washed in water and cleaned with the soloution then left to dry and re sprayed with oil prior to being fitted! K&N filters cost about £40 - £50 new so just buy a recharger kit for £7 off ebay instead of a new crappy paper filter!

This is why you should use a K&N :p (go straight to 35 seconds on the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJW29eDZXzg&feature=related