ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

141kw!! (187hp) and 230nm torque!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

SHould be enough to finish off the CTR. I will see if you can get one in England cause I would like one.

UM ok.....hmmmm
well have to wait and see, why couldnt it be done here in the UK then?
there are only so many variables to the amount of fuel you push in, cause ther is only so much air the engine can work.
and ignition timing will not gibve much on modern motors. sure it was on a standrd engine?

Lionel Richie

I still reckon if you want to "chip" your car, UNICHIP by Dastec is the way to go, its set up to run max fuel economy at normal speeds and max power at full throttle. Gains were somethng like 30bhp on a beemer!!!!

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Im getting mine done with powerchip next weekend. They said that they have to down load the power chip program to the cpu of the car. There is no chip involved.

172 Cup

From the way B8 describes his 172 id say he is in Australia.

CB if you get any info back can you post it on here.

Griff

Sorry guys.... i posted the same message up on an Australian Cliosport forum... and it doesnt sound like the Clio owners here in Aust are too happy with Powerchip.

Perhaps their opinions could best be summarised:

"Renault grabbed the 2.0L engine from the Megane range at 101Kw or so, pulled it apart and tuned it to within an inch of its life and got 124Kw. Thats a 23KW gain. 17kw more from tinkering with the CPU? Hmm, unlikely. Ping Ping Ping BOOM....

I particularily liked how the guys who do their NT server backups got a mention, but not a mention about an automotive mechanic anywhere..."

They all told me to go and read the bottom link about Powerchip.... a bit scary

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0402/page1.html

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Got a reply and you have to either send you ECU off or go over there. This sounds like a superchip but with a different name. Not going to bother. I have found a powerchip in the UK that give similar quotes but this cost £150 inc vat and reprograms you original chip in the car and take 2 hours.

Not to sure if I really want to get this done and make the car possibly unreliable !

Hey Jozeff,
Whats the URL for the aussie cliosport forum as Im an aussie buying a Cliosport.

thanx

btw, Ive used Powerchip on my BMW 740i E38 I thought it was every penny. Maybe there are better alternatives for other cars especially Turboed but for my Bimmer not much available. Btw, I was served by Wayne the man in the interview seem alright to me.

Yup thats the one nicot...

Im from Sydney Australia...

Man i feel so guilty... chased a WRX up to 160 on the motorway... dont know if he was really trying.... but i just pray to God there were no speed cameras on that road