ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15 or 12

Audi S3

So people in your opinions what is better 2 12" subs or 2 15" ported subs u have probably been asked this a million times but humor me!

Matt

depends on the type of music you listen to. but to be honest. 2 15" will kill your ears, even 2 12" is pretty hefty bass.

post on www.caraudiodirect.com/forum

they will get you better advice

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Well ive got 1 12" sub, and i would say its very sufficient. But that is for my needs, and the frequency range is good. I would say 2 12" would be your best bet. 2 15" is for the ultimate nutters who want to go deaf by the age of 25.

Hon

Audi S3

ill be needing the 2 15" then!
i used to have 1 cheep 15" this was ok but not briliant my mate had a 12" but didnt seem to produce the low down bass that the 15" did!
Im looking to build a system up start with 1 of either then get a second and then build a propper install with ported boxes if i get 15"s

Matt

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Ill be installing two Kicker 15" Square L7s powered by a US Amps USA-2000X in my Mk2 172. Box will be sealed because theres not enough space for a ported box.

If its loads of bass your looking for then ported or very good sealed 15s are the way to go. Sometimes they can get flappy on more punchier tracks and the midbass from them wont be too impressive. I have a couple of Rockford 3212 12" subs backing up the 2 x 15" Kicker Solobarics in our demo car and it gels together very well for most types of music.

You can get some 15s like the Directed Comp X subs that dont require much space even when ported, so they will fit in a Clio. Recently i installed a couple of these in a Saxo running off a Phownix Gold 900.1 and it sounded superb.

www.evilice.freeservers.com

yes they are very good subs and not bad prices either. They are mainly designed for SPL so you would be laughing with a couple of those in your boot. If you go onto www.evilice.freeservers.com and go into the Directed Subwoofers and Speakers section there are some details and prices in there.

Cheers

Russ
(Evil ICE Car Audio)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

My mate has got two Vibe 15in subs in a box and a f***in great big Vibe amp to provide the juice, and I can safey say that that thing could probably kill you if it was turned up load enough.

I would say only go for two 15s if your either mentally unstable or intent on blowing the back window out (On my mates car he has actually had the back window replaced with a reinforced version because the old one kept popping out of the surround!).

Rick

i agree with john depends on what music you like the 12s will give you more of a thud and the 15s better for drawn out base but either will be sufficient to make your ears bleed!