ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15's or 16's on a 182???

Black Gold with cup packs
I am lowered 40mm and I want light weight wheels for the 182, I have money to burn and ideally want the best to improve my handling and rotational weight. Obviously 15's are going to be lighter, but how are these going to look in the arch's despite them being lowered 40mm? I don't really want turinis as everyone seems to want/have them, so I was thinking team buddy p1's in 15/16's. Any thoughts on any other light weight alternatives or what effect 15's will have on handling in comparison to 16's. Another option is for me to go back to standard 182cup wheels but in white on a good set of tyres, all above will also be on great tyres, what are your thoughts?

Golf GTD Mk7
think 16's are perfect when lowered. 15's are a bit small for me. alloy weight isn't going to make much difference really.

Clio 182
pro race 1.2's in 16's... planning these for my black 182, for every 5kg its about 1bhp per ton on a 182.. so yes, lightweight wheel have the potential to increase the performance.

182cup/D40/Hornet
I've put some sportlines on mine with a set of 15" 1.2's with 195 50 rubber,car feels more 'twitchy' and less stable cornering at speed.
Going to put my turini's back on to see if it's the wheels or springs

172 cup
I've put some sportlines on mine with a set of 15" 1.2's with 195 50 rubber,car feels more 'twitchy' and less stable cornering at speed.
Going to put my turini's back on to see if it's the wheels or springs

The 195/50/15 will give you the same rollin radius as the turini's, it'll feel twitchy as you've got more side wall flex, try a 195/45/15 it doesn't sound a big difference but you'd be suprised how it improves things

ITB'd 182...
15's but im biased

imo there was no need to put 16's on the sports, think they did it for styling more than anything

Love my 2118's and wouldnt change them for anything (although theyre a pain to keep clean)

182cup/D40/Hornet
The 195/50/15 will give you the same rollin radius as the turini's, it'll feel twitchy as you've got more side wall flex, try a 195/45/15 it doesn't sound a big difference but you'd be suprised how it improves things

My mate who's got a 5 turbo said that yesterday as most of the lads with the 5's run 45's and I remember something about that when I had 5's.Just have to run these 50's off now;)