ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16" Turinis vs 15" 2118s?

Turinis Vs 2118s

• Keep the gloss black Turinis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the Turinis but Anthracite

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Keep the Turinis but Silver

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Bin the Turinis and fit Anthracite 2118s

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted by a wheel swap on my Inferno 182. Had the gloss black on there forever now and tempted by a colour swap on them to anthracite/silver.
This got me looking at anthracite 2118s, however i'm not sure if they look a bit pants on cars as high as mine.

I've no immediate intention to fit coilovers so the ride height is as it is for the forseeable

My car is on Cup dampers and Sportlines and is my daily.

Thoughts?
cup1.JPG
cup2.JPG
cup3.JPG

Last edited:
where are the mud flaps from ?

I think i would go silver too, I have anthracite 2118 on a flame red and quite like them, but Silver with the Turini's if it was my car.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Light anthracite would be my choice , Turinis just suit the car so well and think at that height they look/sit better on 15's.

The fact the 2118's are boat anchors they will probably weigh more that the Turinis , so worse looks and no unsprung weight advantage.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
See if i can get some silver or anthracite centre caps and then get the rims done.

Could always try mine on one day mate,only need to do one side dont you to try them.

Also 16's suit clios on just lowering springs,15's need be on coilovers to pull them off i think.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Could always try mine on one day mate,only need to do one side dont you to try them.

Also 16's suit clios on just lowering springs,15's need be on coilovers to pull them off i think.

Thanks chap that’s very kind of you. I tend to agree with you ref springs/coilovers comment. I love the Turinis, just a bit bored of them in Black I guess. It’s worn these black Turinis since 2011. 😅

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean,i love the turinis on the clio but i also have a set of Pro 1.2s in 15's but in gloss black.So prob get them sprayed in a nice silver for the summer as black wont look right on silver i think.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Lovely. Did the 15mm front spacers stay?
How did the spacers alter the drive?

Yeh, the front spacers stayed. Can't say it changed the drive much, I didn't notice anyway.

Photos are back in winter a few years ago but this shows it a bit better I think.

20171118_113436.jpg

20171118_113424.jpg