ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16 valvers,mpg and rpm

Toureg vW Transporte

rite guys can u help me answer a few of my own questions having just bought it a few things baffle me im only getting bout 280 miles out of a full tank ???is this correct. And wot kindda rpm are ur motas running when you are doing 80 mph mines 4k this seems quite high,but when u get to 110 the rev counter does seem to slow down,... sorry to ask such stupid questions thanx

Audi S3

4k at 80 is about right remember its not a moterway cruiser its a hot hatch

for best economy below 3k on the revs

matt

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

280 miles out of a full tank is ok - not the best but ok. I get about 300 miles obviously depending on how i drive it - normally fairly hard. I find if i drive it normally then cain it i use the same amount of petrol as if i was driving hard constantly. They are very thirsty machines when your foot is planted.

80mph a 4k is probably about right in 5th gear.

As you can see from the pic below your probably looking at 6300rpm for 130 mph in 5th.

when i used to live two miles away from my work i used to get 180. now i get around 260.

180 was a pleasant surprise at the time cos my last car used to do 120miles on £45:eek:

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

My car will do about 180-200 miles on £35!

If only i could get near 300!! You lot obviously all drive like pansies lol!!!