ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16mm upper engine mount bolts x 4 - anyone know what size and length they are?

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Alright all

In my quest for OCD perfection, I am looking to change the upper mount near the cambelt and noticed the 4 bolts look crap!

The are 16mm head, but does anyone know what size (I am assuming M10) and length?

Not paying Renault over £5 a bolt so figured I'd get some lovely stainless items from ebay and fit them for life!

Cheers guys

Rez

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I send my stuff up to my local platers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395953615152.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395953615152.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 168
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Are you talking about the actual engine mount bolts or the bolts on the upper cambelt cover?

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Thanks Alex

Yep the four that hold the mount to the actual body of the car, pointing down towards the floor.

I'll get them in stainless.

If you had an old one to hand you could measure buddy you would help me immensely!

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Why not just wire brush and paint them?

Why not just change them? LOL

I've just spent two evening painting the centre bells and outside edges of my new brake discs all round with very fine brushes and Hammerite gloss black smooth. I'm doing no more painting, lol

Many.
Painting them normally ends up chipping.

Phase1sr has the right idea with plating, but stainless is a good idea too.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Painting them normally ends up chipping.

Phase1sr has the right idea with plating, but stainless is a good idea too.

Yes mate it is but I wanted the factory look. :)

Painting looks s**t and will chip off when doing the bolts up.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I have replaced mine, they are M10 x 40mm in length.. You will also need washers that are at least 3mm thick or they will bend.

If you are replacing with stainless just be careful when torquing as they aren't as strong as mild steel.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Cheers Lawro

Do you know what width washers you needed?

And what the torque is for them?

My car is in the bodyshop at the moment so I couldn't tell you for sure, however 30mm rings a bell.. Pretty sure they were 30mm x 3mm with a 10mm centre hole.

Torque setting is 62nm, just be cautious as stainless steel can often be quite soft. Don't want you snapping a bolt in the mounting hole.

Don't use stainless for suspension or engine mounting, it looks pretty but doesn't have the tensile strength.

Also it's not that it's soft, quite the opposite it's harder and will sheer rather than bend.