ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16s on a mk1 clio

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
hi. im thinking of getting some 15s or 16s in black for my mk1 clio (white).

basically is it worth it you think? its another 80 quid for the 16s i want.
am i going to have to do archwork to stop it rubbing?

id want to have my car lowered aswell. any suggestions how muchi should do it by? any pics?

cheers

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
If you are lowering a mk1 ur wanting it done 60mm.. it looks the sex!!

As for the alloys.. i kno 15s will fit but im not sure about 16s

60mm makes speed bumps a challenge so you might want to opt for a 45mm drop but personally i think 60s the way to go ;)

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
cool. should i go to a garage to get it done? i realise theres the torsion bar at the back to be done, and im worried if my mate does it it might seize...

i only need to buy 2 springs for the front eh? then the torsion bar you just ajust.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
I've got 16's on my MK1. It's lowered 35mm on the front, & 1 click of the torsion bar on the rear (just over 35mm i think) I've had no probs with them rubbing on the arches at all. They did rub slightly on my rear bumper but that's because it's a modified one.

Prob couldn't go much lower than about 40mm on 16's without arch work, especially the rear.

Also, a point to note is that tyres for 16's r more expensive & not as easy to get hold of as 15's because it's not a very common size of wheel.

I'd def go to a garage for the torsion bar to be lowered unless u know someone who really knows what they're doing. It's not any easy job especially on the older Clios. The bar is in most cases, a b*****d to get out. I rang around about 20 of my local garages and only 1 could actually do it. Cost about £60.

Clio mk1 1.2
im lowering my clio 60mm have the springs its just gettin round to 2 lowering it myself, i was gonna go 4 16s but thoght against it as i want the clio 2 sit low

how many clios is max on the torsion bar 2 isnt it??