ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v bonnet help needed

Whilst driving on the M62 at about 3.30 am, some shi* kids threw a large object (looked like a large petrol can) off the motorway bridge. Thankfully the can hit my bonnet first and then my windscreen so didnt go through the glass. Pulled over and looked back but they had legged it.

Anyway it left a real nasty dent and scuff on my bonnet, just in front of the air scoop taking most of the impact. I took it to my local bodyshop and he said theres not much he can do with it as these engines get hot, and it would crack the filler pretty quickly. Does this sound right or shall I take it somewhere else? Also Ive seen on another thread that a new bonnet, should I need one will be 100 + vat, and around 190 with the scoop. Can I transplant my scoop onto a new bonnet or will it get damaged? If so I can order one from renault and get it sorted. My car looks a mess with loads of dents in the bonnet, I need to get it sorted!

buy a new or second hand bonnet..............the body shop is right tho................filler on bonnets never really lasts (when over a hot engine)....we done a supra about a year ago & warned the guy & its started to crack.........although there are other types of filler that could handle the heat !!! but for whats its gonna cost to repair it would be far cheaper & quicker to buy another bonnet.............your scoop/intake comes off...just make sure you spray the nuts holding it on with WD40 the night b4 you take it off............id say £100 - £150 to spray a bonnet...........or you could wait/look around until you find one the same colour !!

Thanks for the reply Fatherted. Ive waited for about 4 months for a red 16v bonnet in good condition, Ive given up. Ill order one from Renault tomorrow, now I know I can put my scoop on it. They said £130 inc Vat, so thats not too bad.