ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Service

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

Hey all, am new to this forum but ur advice would be appreciated!

i recently bought my dream 1.8 16v clio n wanna get it serviced, its done a fair few miles but its had cam belt n that done recent for which i have reciepts. i reckon it needs a major service to be safe, basically everythin short of belts!! but i dunno where to get this done, should i use renault or are they not to be trusted?i have owned a 1.4rt for three years but only spent enough to keep it running, this car i want to look after as it deserves!

any advice atall would be appreciated

cheers

Ben

All the services on them are pretty basic bar the cambelt change, so any decent garage you trust will do it just as good, and a lot cheaper than Renault.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

cheers fella!

u got wrap around angel eyes on your phase one if thats ur pic?ne good only i was thinkin of investin once get basics done on my car, mines blue so rekon cud look sweet!

The Jinx

Ill service it for you! Not tempted to try it yourself? Bought my valver to learn stuff and am now confident tackling most things TBH. Saves a lot of money.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

spose i cud but to be honest am sick or doin it!!!spent three years wit old 1.4 constantly up on blocks cuz was savin money so was gonna start fresh n let sum1 else have a go!!

good point tho, mite try oil filter, it was there on the old one....if i can only find it........nope its no good, cant see anything under here!!!

Quote: Originally posted by coopahstar on 14 August 2005

spose i cud but to be honest am sick or doin it!!!spent three years wit old 1.4 constantly up on blocks cuz was savin money so was gonna start fresh n let sum1 else have a go!!

good point tho, mite try oil filter, it was there on the old one....if i can only find it........nope its no good, cant see anything under here!!!
Oil filters on the front of the engine block its a right pain to get at but you can get it withough needing to remove anything.

Best idea service the car yourself its not worth paying someone to do it unless its a realy bad job.