ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16valve tapping

Toureg vW Transporte

if any of u guys could help me ive noticed a tapping noise when the engines going,you can only notice it from outside so its not to loud,it sounds like its coming from the cams but the mechanic said its just the injecters clicking,does any1 else have this prob and how do i get rid?ta

yeah its sounds like the tappets - i had this problem with mine and i was told to put some thicker oil in it!

I also had an engine flush because i didnt know what oil was being used in it before i topped it up one day - then the noise began - i think i mixed two totaly different oils and the tappets became really noisy!

Try new oil! hope it helps!

Mine makes a real quiet tapping noise when cold then goes away when warmed up, but it used to be alot worse b4 i put a thicker grade oil in as FunkyASFunk said.

I also had this other tapping noise for ages that just got worse over time, which i thaught was summin to do with the cams or tappets, turned out i needed a new alternator.