ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s without lowering

Hey people,

Gettin me a set of 17s for my clio, but insurance company are kicking off if I lower the car.... What u think itd look like with the 17s and not lowered?

Cheers....

Quote: Originally posted by usaidwhat on 30 October 2003

Hey people,

Gettin me a set of 17s for my clio, but insurance company are kicking off if I lower the car.... What u think itd look like with the 17s and not lowered?

Cheers....
dont tell the insurance company,would look alot better lowered.drop it 35mm or more.;)

Shouldnt be a problem mate, I had fit 17s to my clio 2 before lowering. If you choose a good design and fit 35 series rubber, the actual height is virtually the same as the standard tyre/wheel height. It wont look like a jacked up 4WD. However, if you lower it later on by an inch the car should sit just on the tyre. Looks excellent.

A well built VW

iVE JUST HAD MINE LOWERED ALTHOUGH IM ONLY RUNNING 15S (I WISH ID SPENT THE EXTRA TO GET 17S NOW BUT sh*t HAPPENS) AND IT IS WORTH DOING NOT ONLY IS THE RIDE TRANSFORMED BUT IT LOOKS A MILLION TIMES BETTER

when i had my Mk1 Clio lowered 35mm i found the handling wasnt quite as good as when it was a full ride height. However i had to have the f**ker raised again as one of the sh*tty K-Tec springs snapped and their are too many speed ramps in my area.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

i had a valver with 17s on and neverbotherd to lower it!!!!

Clio 172 ph2

if your ins comp kick off, find a different company! ive got a sh*t load of mods, inc 17s and dropped 60mm on spax adj. with 6 pnts my ins want £1500 comp and thats with a 1998 s clio 1.2 rt. try DNA Insurance. well bloody good!!!

Stanced Honda S2000

hey all, mines that black clio on 17s. i want to drop it, but just want it so that the edge of the tyre is in line with the arch. i dont want it stupidly low, just sporty. what drop and what springs ? 35mm ? k-tec springs ?

Audi S3 225

Nice try m8 I used to do that as well, oldest trick in the book getting a car load of your m8s to hide while you take the picture, no way is that standrad ride height. You should have seen mine it was a crazy off roading 4x4 when I first got my 17s on. Now mines sitting sweetly on Spax RSX Coilovers at 70 mm all round.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich_M on 05 November 2003

hey all, mines that black clio on 17s. i want to drop it, but just want it so that the edge of the tyre is in line with the arch. i dont want it stupidly low, just sporty. what drop and what springs ? 35mm ? k-tec springs ?
Eibach pro spring kit, I think, double check tho, one lowers more that the other, the one you want drops the 172 about 15mm so wil prob drop yours abit more, will improve the handling aswell as lowering.

Im being serious that is the standard ride height, no lowering springs, no people hiding.....

Guess mine just sits well even without the SPAX coilovers....;)