ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 or 18

Rs monaco 172 mk2
hey all. i'v got 17's on my RS...........havent lowered it yet...but will do shortly....has anyone fitted 18's to there RS.....if so any problems.....
cheers

Clio 1.5DCI
Hi, my mate got a set of 18" fitted and it now looks like a 4x4, he did have it lowered 20mm but there was arch rubbing when he took a sharp corner or was going around a round about so he ended up going back to standard springs again.
If you ask me your safer with a set of 17"

I would say get some nice 16s and lower is 40mm if you were going to bother the car is designed to have that size on so handling is proberly rubbish without them there is many posts if you have a search about this
hope this helps

Matt

iv got 17s on, and i have no rubbing, looking to drop it by 60mm all round, arch liners have gone tho,

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I have 17's on and it does rub it looks lowered but it was all done before I bought it, it doesn't generally rub until someone else gets in car! I wanna get rid to be honest, I want some ph2 16's.

Chocolate Bar™
^ as above, why buy a car for performance, and then reduce it substantially by putting massive wheels on it?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
You will lose performance, handling and your fuel consumption may even go up.

Don't do it, it wouldn't look right.

Rs monaco 172 mk2
i'v enjoyed much performance of the car... and it has'nt seemed to reduced to speed of the car.but maybe a very slight jumppy on cornering, but i have yet to lower the car.

so now i'm goin for the look. i'll probably end up keepin with the 17's i'v got at the mo.......still unsure wat to lower it by.probably max 25-30mm...... i do want to put spacers on the wheels....not sure which one's and how much to bring the wheels out by.... kinda going for the slick euro look if u know wat i mean.......

www.myspace.com/ck786

Black Gold 182FF
Got 17's on mine and it's lowered on -40mm Apex springs. No rubbing, but the ride is slightly harder, other than that, I have not noticed much difference in the cars handling and performance.