ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17' rims ?

Clio sport 172 MK 2
thinking of fitting some nice 17' rims on a mk2 172 clio. i've heard that it can affect the acceleration of the car as well as the handling in a less than positive way.Is that true?Im in Western Australia and there's a lack of decent 16s available here that look any good and fit on the car.Plenty of really nice 17s though.

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yes, if you buy things like OZ, Fox racing etc etc that might aswell be cast in lead, then it will increase the unsprung mass of the car (not a good thing to do if you can help it), obviously tyres weigh less than rims so having a 14inch rim with massive profile tyres will accelerate better than a 17inch rim with lo-pro tyres, however you could have a sharper handling car with the 17s.

If you want 17s then get some light ones, but after you've spent a grand on alloys, you might wonder if it would've been easier to stick with 16s...

Jap Shed
i dont know what my 172 is like with normal wheels because it came with 17s, but im not that impressed with the way it handles.
loads of tramlining and not much feel...

Clio sport 172 MK 2
The stock rims on the 172 over here were 15' and they look pretty average.I would like to go up to a 16' but having trouble finding some here.The only option with a set of 16s would be to have them sent over from the the uk.

Mégane RS
Forged rims, hope you've got loads of money to waste as they are far from cheap

HT3's, Speedline Turini's, OZ Superleggera and ultraleggera are all light weight alloys and are much cheaper than forged alloys

BMW M4; S1000 RR
V1NNY said:
Forged rims, hope you've got loads of money to waste as they are far from cheap

HT3's, Speedline Turini's, OZ Superleggera and ultraleggera are all light weight alloys and are much cheaper than forged alloys

Not light enough for 17inch on a Clio !