ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 with a 172

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Peer pressure will be the biggest cause of driving fast, to which you just say "sure, you pay for the petrol and I'll boot it... thought not... now shut the f**k up!" lol

i say that all the time since day 1 haha :D cheapskate

Hi m8,

Well done on getting a 172 at 17, I got a cup at 18. I think your one of the youngest :) good man.

As for the power, the 172 has hardly got "savage" pace so I very much doubt your losing traction at the start.

It could be your engine mounts, I would recommend taking it to Renault and let them source the problem out.

remember subway its a "ph-quick" so by far the fastest thing on the plannet.

o and it is possible to love grip in 1st belive me lol

Iceberg 172
the guy said a few times that its shaking in neutral so i'm sure people are right when they say its engine mounts as opposed to 'not being able to control the power'.

Clio 172 mk2
Peer pressure will be the biggest cause of driving fast, to which you just say "sure, you pay for the petrol and I'll boot it... thought not... now shut the f**k up!" lol

i say that all the time since day 1 haha :D cheapskate

Hi m8,

Well done on getting a 172 at 17, I got a cup at 18. I think your one of the youngest :) good man.

As for the power, the 172 has hardly got "savage" pace so I very much doubt your losing traction at the start.

It could be your engine mounts, I would recommend taking it to Renault and let them source the problem out.

172/182s are rocketships...have you forgotten this fact:)

RenaultSport 172.
bit off topic, and hope you dont mind me asking....what you paying on insurance?? im after a 172, and im 18 this week...:approve:

RenaultSport 172.
it was a simple question....im paying £921 atm, so wondered how much it would raise by.....

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
bit off topic, and hope you dont mind me asking....what you paying on insurance?? im after a 172, and im 18 this week...:approve:

you all will laugh at me =P it cost alot to be honest 3.4k third party more value then the car ... abit dumb i know but maybe worth it .. like i said when i drive slow its np so maybe its the control like some people said, im getting used to driving it though i only got insured like 1 week ago lol and also i was used to driving a clio 1.2 and a corsa 1.2 and this 172 on different occasions so its abit different for a new driver im assuming im not the only one who would have troubles with control ..

this morning my friend said to me he hears something in the engine before he got in the car and it sounded like a screw isnt on properly or something is that the engine mount? i know FCK all about cars so ill appreciate advice, i aint gonna open it up and DIY and i was wondering what would the cost be?

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
thats what you get for being a 17 year old who lives in the ghetto + grime and london =( cars doing me all good though :D get me from A to B .. never late :p just on time for school for once haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well not a chance i would be paying that much for it!
hope the car is ok for a while but it sounds like it could be a bit of a mess :(

RenaultSport 172.
you all will laugh at me =P it cost alot to be honest 3.4k third party more value then the car ... abit dumb i know but maybe worth it .. like i said when i drive slow its np so maybe its the control like some people said, im getting used to driving it though i only got insured like 1 week ago lol and also i was used to driving a clio 1.2 and a corsa 1.2 and this 172 on different occasions so its abit different for a new driver im assuming im not the only one who would have troubles with control ..

mmmm, maybe ill wait then....hehe....stick with my mk1 for abit :)

daddy daddy pay my insurance, ill give you a kidney to cover the cost

haha that made me giggle.....did your parents pay for your car and insurance???

lucky sod if they did, i bought my own car, own mods, and own insurance...thats probley why i appreciate and look after my car, more so than my mates who didnt pay for a penny....:S

oh, and i couldnt give a kidney.....i have only got 1 :dapprove:

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
mmmm, maybe ill wait then....hehe....stick with my mk1 for abit :)

daddy daddy pay my insurance, ill give you a kidney to cover the cost

haha that made me giggle.....did your parents pay for your car and insurance???

lucky sod if they did, i bought my own car, own mods, and own insurance...thats probley why i appreciate and look after my car, more so than my mates who didnt pay for a penny....:S

oh, and i couldnt give a kidney.....i have only got 1 :dapprove:

nah i paid it all myself too ^^ i care for it so much .. when coming out of drives with huge space i still reverse to get more space and people laugh lol i dont give a s**t u cant laugh at me and my badboy unless u got urself some decent wheels

tbf someone else was saying on here yesterday they couldnt stop wheel spinning at lights etc ( they were new to 172 etc) maybe its just normal wheel spin as you havnt got used to controlling the power

again, could be that reason too because my i asked my olderbrother do you feel safe in the car then? he said why u think i got seat belt on, you cant control the power, but i think i can, i drive so slow never 50

If you drive slowly then what are u doing flooring it in 1st gear? That will ruin your gearbox mate

RenaultSport 172.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiezels
tbf someone else was saying on here yesterday they couldnt stop wheel spinning at lights etc ( they were new to 172 etc) maybe its just normal wheel spin as you havnt got used to controlling the power

again, could be that reason too because my i asked my olderbrother do you feel safe in the car then? he said why u think i got seat belt on, you cant control the power, but i think i can, i drive so slow never 50

If you drive slowly then what are u doing flooring it in 1st gear? That will ruin your gearbox mate

its all coming out now :rasp:

M

muchty_massive

First off all I wish i was you mate!!!!!, well with the 172 at 17. But then maybe not cuz ur car sounds f**ked! I don't get it thou why did you buy a car which enables you 2 go fast wen all you are using it for is driving from a to b in low gears around london? Does it not cost you a hole lotta money fuel wise? Im 17 and have ma 1.2 because(aside from high insurance) it means I aint tempted to go 2 crazy cuz my car wont enable it. My friends get on at me for paying so much for insurance although alot of them are on their parents policys but i would never pay what your paying well i simply couldn't. Just out of interest wats ur job, as you say ur still at skool im guessin its part time. So wot am i doin wrong?

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
First off all I wish i was you mate!!!!!, well with the 172 at 17. But then maybe not cuz ur car sounds f**ked! I don't get it thou why did you buy a car which enables you 2 go fast wen all you are using it for is driving from a to b in low gears around london? Does it not cost you a hole lotta money fuel wise? Im 17 and have ma 1.2 because(aside from high insurance) it means I aint tempted to go 2 crazy cuz my car wont enable it. My friends get on at me for paying so much for insurance although alot of them are on their parents policys but i would never pay what your paying well i simply couldn't. Just out of interest wats ur job, as you say ur still at skool im guessin its part time. So wot am i doin wrong?

hey m8 your doing nothing wrong, when i first passed my driving test i was testing online quotes on standard 1.2 clios on my own policy, i got stupid ass 4k quotes and 3.5k+ fully comp, i thought why should i buy a 3k car then add 4k for insurance just for a 1.2 - so i solved my problem by taking this 172 and insuring it for 3k as well, works out the same but just a better car. i finally found out what was the problem and most of the feedback i received from people on this forum was right, its the engine mounts and i need new spark plugs ( since the car is 5 years + old ) other then that people said its mint - haha even for 110k :p thank you all for your advice and help, even all the silly comments lol

yep i topped up 20 pound on monday, now im back to the first line of petrol gotta top up again lol but hey i aint complaining i asked for it :D i would say the car is worth it though

by the way i havent added any modifications to the car its all just standard and ill keep it that way i love it the way it is :D