ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Sports Grille Fitted

is dirty.
Took about 10 minutes and started to get narcked off but then I managed to get it sorted. Looks quite good I think, much better than the standard grille on normal 1.2 16v's.

Attachments

• M44 RVV (1).JPG
    M44 RVV (1).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 104
  Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Did you purchase yours from Renault or elsewhere?

Do you think that it would make much of a difference to insurance? I phoned up Direct Line about my tints and lexus lights, and they said that those are fine, make no changes, however seeing as im under 25, if i do anything else, they will refuse to insure me...

Oli

Chocolate Bar™
^ i can assure you if you crashed your car and you hadnt told them they wouldnt cover you. My insurance tried to pull me up on powdercoated alloys, which arent any different to standard

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Oh ok fair enough. Would you have to tell them even if, for instance, you changed the 16V badges on the side, to silver instead of black?

RB 182
Looks much better :)

Did you have a problem with the alarm afterwards because I didn't have the hole for the bonnet senor so it's disconnected at the moment so I sometimes get 3 blips if I take the key out too soon it seems.

Chocolate Bar™
Oh ok fair enough. Would you have to tell them even if, for instance, you changed the 16V badges on the side, to silver instead of black?

i wouldnt bother with things which are a different colour, i use the arguement that if the cars dirty its a different colour, so does it change the appearance? thats how i got out of the wheel situation. Although i have heard stories of them pulling people up on things like indicators, door sills etc.

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
I had an insurance guy come o check out my xr3i. Actually has rs turbo engine, suspension and interior. no probs. lol. but seriously you best off telling them incase the worst happens

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Thats pathetic..i have door sills on mine, but its not something i would think of telling them about. Its just like..would you tell them about having a sticker on your rear windscreen? Because that effectively does more harm than door sills. Insurance companies are a bit of a pain tbh because you never know what they actually class as a modification...
As i previously mentioned, stickers could technically be a modification, but you would never think twice about phoning someone up saying "hi, i've got a small sticker at the bottom of my window, will you insure me with it on"

RB 182
anyone give any help on fitting the grill? struggling at the moment!
It needs a bit of help but it should just be the clips holding it in, it won't break even if it looks like it might. Everything just clips on again when you come to put the new one on too.

Thats pathetic..i have door sills on mine, but its not something i would think of telling them about. Its just like..would you tell them about having a sticker on your rear windscreen? Because that effectively does more harm than door sills. Insurance companies are a bit of a pain tbh because you never know what they actually class as a modification...
As i previously mentioned, stickers could technically be a modification, but you would never think twice about phoning someone up saying "hi, i've got a small sticker at the bottom of my window, will you insure me with it on"

Better give me gran a ring and tell her to declare that national trust sticker :rasp: