ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 a gd step from a valver?

actively looking
Got a late spec 96 phase 2 valver and i love it to pieces, love the handling and the performance!

Got a new job so i can afford a phase 1 172 wanted to change just because i wanted a slightly newer car but didnt want to lose all the things i love about my valver, just wanted to here from any 172 owners who had a valver first and if they were glad they changed?

cheers guys and gals:)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I drove my mates valver loads when he had it, greatcar. But when i got in my ph1 172, it blew my socks off!

Go for it mate, you won't regret it.

Ask ph-reebone on here. He had his valver for about 77 years and got rid for a 172.

Vee dub
As Dan says, the 172 will be quicker. However both totally different cars. I actually prefer how the mk1 valver/willy drives to the 172's.... just my opinion though.

actively looking
I am slightly worried that i wont enjoy it as much because iv not driven many cars that handle as well as a valver and mine is completey standard too. I spose i need to test drive one really althou u can never push them as much as u would like to really see what they are like

1.8 Civic EX
DO IT!! lol

sounds like your feeling exactly how I was but I was most impressed...went from a 96 valver to Ph2 172 in Jan this year....a lot easier to drive and more comfortable but still involving when ya wanna have a bit of fun...

It don't think it's that much of a step up tbh. I had a valver & my dads got a 172 which I often used to drive, i'd say it's more of a side step tbh (unless you get a 172 which has been modded)

After my valver I got a Fiat Coupe 20vt plus - that to me, was a step up.

actively looking
Its the handling i was worried about u get alot of feedback with a valver and i drove my mates 182 and it felt a little numb.

Im surprised that the fiat coupe turbo was much of a step up i chased one from stand still and he didnt really get away from me (until 4th gear atleast) and round the corners he was actually in the way and slowing me down.