ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Automatic Lights

Hi all,

I have a friend who has a 1.6 Clio Sport and his lights come on automatic when it gets dark.

I have a 172 and do not have this, is it standard, can anybody advise

lee

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Turn the key to ign (all the way, but not start engine).

Then turn lights on/off/on/off etc until it bleeps, then thats it.

133/225/CLS AMG

My 172 came with this feature turned on but Ive never known how to turn the feature on and off?!?!?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

you just turn the light to half on then off then half on then off with key in ignition position as Cocopops said to either enable or disable it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

same with the RAID system, hold the button down for more than 5 secs to enable/disable

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 30 November 2004

you just turn the light to half on then off then half on then off with key in ignition position as Cocopops said to either enable or disable it.
My automatic lights worked for one day, then havent done since.

I just tried the above ^^ and didnt get a beep. When you say half on do you mean to the sidelight position?

Im not that bothered anyway, its not exactly an effort to switch the lights on :)

E90

Beware however, fog lights/driving lights wont switch on if lights are on but in the off position, I was playing around in the fog last night, and ended up driving half way home with sidelights and fogs on, till I realised I had to switch main beams on for real, DOH!!!!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

i realised that the other day too. The fogs wont come on if you have it set to the auto setting.

Dirty E91

I was wondering why my fogs didnt work last night!

How often do you actually need your fog lights anyway? Unless your one of those tits who have them on all the time of course!

Ziel Nurburgring

There are loads of "cheats" on clio 172/182s. Another one is to switch the ignition on and off 4 times to turn the ultra sonics off in the summer (Means you can leave you windows open), you should hear 4 squeeks from the alarm.

Turning off your auto wipers and invisibility mode (hold down the wiper stork button and switch the ignition on/off 5 times will opening and shutting the boot)

Clio Sport 172

Wow! Whats invisibility mode!? Is it what it sounds like!!!? Ha Ha. Im gonna try these! Ive never actually heard my alarm (or any beeps) , good thing really.

Thanx guys.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 01 December 2004
Turning off your auto wipers and invisibility mode (hold down the wiper stork button and switch the ignition on/off 5 times will opening and shutting the boot)

There is always one http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/rolleyes.gif

[Edited by KDF on 12/1/2004 7:44:07 PM]

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Although try pressing 1 and 3 down on the standard renault headunit... freaky or what !! lol

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 01 December 2004

Although try pressing 1 and 3 down on the standard renault headunit... freaky or what !! lol
Im not trying that...it might DO things and I wont be able to put it back!

I got the auto lights working again today though. It IS the sidelight position and I heard the beep :)