ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 climate control problem. please help

coiled 'berg
Hi all, i got my first clio sport about a week ago and i seem to be having a problem with the climate control thingy:mad:

its a 2004 172 and the climate control only blows out at the temperature it is set on when starting the car! i cannot change temperature, everything else works fine, fan, vents etc.

therefore if I want to change the temperature for say mini to maxi i have to change it to maxi (temperature doesnt change) then turn the ignition off, turn it back on then it blows hot!

is it just me not knowing how to use it as i have only had it a week or is it broken?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

coiled 'berg
yes, all that works, but as the temperature on the screen alters the actual air blown out doesnt change, until you switch off the ignition and switch the ignition back on:S

coiled 'berg
after hours of scrolling through the search facility I am now being pointed at the climate control sensor in the rear view mirror assembly, anyone know how much they are ??

It's A Reno
Well, you'll know if it's the sensor.
If it's making an annoying buzzing noise, it's working lol.

coiled 'berg
when would it be buzzing?, on start up?, all the time? i dont recall hearing any buzzing coming from up there

they cost £20ish - but i'd take it apart first to see if its broken or not... normally they buzz alot but it could be that the fans not moving at all on yours - although i can't really see how that would be your problem anyway

coiled 'berg
Re: 172 climate control problem. please help......now solved!!

solved the problem, as I have a day off today I attacked this problem.

the sensor is within the interior / map light assembly part behind a round grill.
after taking down this assembly I could see the sensor, a black sausage like torpedo thing with I think 3 cables coming out of it going to an orange connector. for some strange reason, someone (previous owner i guess) had disconnected it :S. I reconnected it and now it is working fine :D, now I know what you mean about the buzzing :headno:

for reference I phoned my local renault dealer this morning and they said the part was £25 +vat.

Thanks for everyones help.