ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 clutch due a change - recommendations.. techniclutch

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I find pulling a way in first gear a little juddery, and any more than 2 people in the car and being on a hill the clutch slips and its hard to pull away. Other than that the clutch works fine...but i suppose its better to get it sorted before it gets worse. Does anyone have any recommendations in the bedford/ milton keynes area to get it done? Shall i stay with renault clutch or do you think there is a better alternative. Im a casual driver with a light foot so looking for reliability with the occasional blast.

Ive seen these clutches: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...hash=item250276084393&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Anyone tried these yet? OR have any reviews?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Just been quoted £312 fitted for clutch on my 172. Clutch is from LUK / who apparently supply most dealerships. He assures me its an OE part. Interesting price.

ITB'd MK1
Wouldn't touch Techniclutch, as you've already seen from googling, there's a lot of bad feedback and I've seen their clutches not even manage to handle standard power when claiming to be uprated.

LUK are a good reputable brand, and that's a cheap fitted price, I wouldn't really fancy it with the engine in, done it on a valver and it's distinctly unpleasant

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ill be biting there hand off then. Had one of there clutches in my GTR and it lasted well.

BMW M135i
A standard valeo clutch isn't that much more and imo they're the best until you're into turbo/itb realms.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ah sorted :) will im booking it in soon. I was quoted 882£ for the clutch change at renault. And £312 fitted at Luk.

Looking to get my clutch cable changed as well. Is it recommended to just get a renault cable or will any other one do the job?