ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup brake line setup

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
Hi, need some advice please on the best setup for track regarding brake lines. Old 172 cup system has been take apart as subframes and calipers have been taken off my car. Is it best to leave the system as it is, rebuild and only replace the flexible parts or can somebody share their setup?

172 2003
How have you got on with this mate ?
Hi, need some advice please on the best setup for track regarding brake lines. Old 172 cup system has been take apart as subframes and calipers have been taken off my car. Is it best to leave the system as it is, rebuild and only replace the flexible parts or can somebody share their setup?

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
not overly far mate. Doesn't seem to be an obvious kit available.... sets on eBay after questioning are single line to the rear and not setup for the 172 cup compensator. Braided lines are fine but if poorly fitted can fret really easily. I want to retain the front right and rear left etc system for safety as its driven to tracks on the road.

Just use the cup set up removing the OE compensator and use a proper bias valve plumbed inside the car by the gear stick, manual adjustment at your fingertips.

Few guys on here have done this...