ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Catalytic Converter Value?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
As per the title, I have a 172 Cup cat that's been lying around for about 7/8 years.. What's the rough scrap value of it, these days?

Gaz.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Do a quick search on here mate. Certain company or person who give strong money for original cats.

@Louis may know iirc

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They've dropped like a stone recently. I'll give you £300 for it

phqfgfwkfsy.gif

Geewhite32

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172 2002
Hi guys, just curious as to what you did sell it for?

I have one that needs replaced, its on my 2002 cup, original cat still on it.

New prices are mental, but if the scrap value is that good....hhhmmmnnn.

Cheers.

Gee.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hi guys, just curious as to what you did sell it for?

I have one that needs replaced, its on my 2002 cup, original cat still on it.

New prices are mental, but if the scrap value is that good....hhhmmmnnn.

Cheers.

Gee.

It was fucked it went in the bin lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I see no point in keeping cats when it pays for a full, new, shiny, gorgeous exhaust with a sports cat. Still road legal, passes MOT's

Plus the fact that if you have a sports cat or a decat people take 1 look under your car and don't ruin your day by stealing the fucker
This, I ordered a shiny Scorpion 3" sports car downpipe for my TT and had change!

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I see no point in keeping cats when it pays for a full, new, shiny, gorgeous exhaust with a sports cat. Still road legal, passes MOT's

Plus the fact that if you have a sports cat or a decat people take 1 look under your car and don't ruin your day by stealing the fucker
Totally agree with this, selling my 172 cat payed for new system, 172 manifold and link pipe and I still had cash spare 👌

Clio 197
Apologies for the bump, didn't want to start a new thread for a question that probably won't get any replies!

Are the MK2 V6 cats worth anything like the 1*2 ones?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
can anyone put me in contact with someone who would buy the cat from my 172 CUP?
1638919171532.png

This is one of the main buyers on the facebook groups. Paid me around £450 for a 182 Cat earlier in the year. Though prices have fallen since then to around £300.

The 172 Cat is worth more though.