ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup non abs speedo cable

I have just had my gearbox rebuilt from a 2002 172 cup non abs. The builder has noticed that the speedo cable is broken but the fitter is convinced he didn't remove a speedo cable. The speedo was working fine before the gearbox came off.
As I have no abs - assume that the cable must have been driving the speedo. I can't see any cables for sale online ebay etc. Does anyone know where to buy these cables please?

dan's cast offs.
there is a stub that looks like the square end of a speedo cable.

no ignore that, plastic tube, eight pointed.

my point is that the fitter either removed a cable or a sensor, he is saying neither but the speedo worked. Unfortunately the parts are not arrived yet so cant see :(

Thanks I took the chance and ordered a new speedo sensor. I strongly suspect the gearbox was changed by previous owner as it has a quaife fitted.
As its unlikely the gearbox would have a sensor AND a cable have ordered the sensor and fingers crossed !