ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 FF upgrade..

225 trophy ,clio 172
hello, i know this has been posted several times but i just want to be assure that i dont waste my money.
i have got a 172 ff non cup. im living in the netherlands where there is no 172 cup only 182 cup.
so i have got 3 questions.
are the cup shocks a good upgrade of my car instead of the original non cup shocks? do i feel the difference in cornering ? i tested my shocks once and they where 70-80% by my know. and are the frontshocks really 15% stiffer then non cups? and the rears are the same right? so to be short will it work on my my car and will it make the handling better? second question is: what kind of springs should i use? someone said to me to only change the shocks and hold the origanl springs. but i was thinking of eibach pro kit springs. are these a good match with the shocks? or are there 2 original renault cup springs?(there are right saw them?) maybe you have a suggestion for me ? and 3 qeustion is what are the partnumbers of the shocks(cause here in the netherlands we dont have 172 cups so no shocks to order to via my chassisnumber) i have got this link i dont know if its right? maybe you have got 2 other suggestions in handling wise the are all welkom. ans one last question are the 172 cup only different on a 172 ff by just springs and shocks? or have they to got different arb? or wishbones? hopefully someone finally helps me after posting this 4 times ! down this is my car mods: bbs RX214 16" (with renault caps) , renault splitter (dont know what model) , megane 3 aerial, and not in pic silvervisions. i just start this thread to get an answer and cause i dont really have a project i delete after it (i think) i just want an answer (so help?!)
IMG_0628.JPG
kind regards marco
supuha3a.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm not going to be any help, other than there is no such thing as a 172 FF

FF only applies to a cup packed 182 and then it's only made up forum speak.

225 trophy ,clio 172
yes i have std clio 172 with leather etc taught that means FF. but ok. but only people repley that i dot that wrong but nobody helps me we the real thing..
im a bit dissapointed in this forum tis is the 4th time i try to get an answer but dont get any..

renault clio 172
I think everything for a cup will fit on a non cup its all the same car at end of the day although the washer u want for the top strut mounts is cheap on ebay from a company called mad they sell both for £6

Looking....
Marco I had a standard 172 a few years ago on 54k. I replaced the shocks for new cup shocks, top mounts & cooksport springs and it did help improve the handling, Cooksports sits lower than the eibach pro springs tho so I suppose it depends on what you want from the car.

225 trophy ,clio 172
Marco I had a standard 172 a few years ago on 54k. I replaced the shocks for new cup shocks, top mounts & cooksport springs and it did help improve the handling, Cooksports sits lower than the eibach pro springs tho so I suppose it depends on what you want from the car.
thanks for the reply's finally. are the partnumbers the right one that i got ? ans what is all different 172 vs 172 cup (shocks springs further? ) i see strut mounts ? dont what that is <(topmount?) wishbones ? arb? further i saw some prices of the cup shocks in your country (UK). they where cheap as s**t if i want to order cup or original i n holland(where i live) i need to pay much more. (but thats something else of course...)

225 trophy ,clio 172
  225 trophy ,clio 172
thanx impreazaworks for replying...
but i want to nkow whats differents between a 172 and a 172 cup supspension wise. i think its shocks and springs. but have they 2 got different wishbones or top mounts? further is it a good upgrade from a 172(normal supspension ) to 172 cup dampers ? not that it makes it worse.. hopefully you gonna help me couse nobody helps me..

225 trophy ,clio 172
and some people say that the rear dampers of a cup ar 2 different but most people say they are the same....

225 trophy ,clio 172
Had a quick search mate but have a read through this and see if it helps

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/differences-between-172-and-172-cup-182-and-182-cup.747227/
thanx for the link like the help. read through it.. and saw that a cup is wider (thaught only the 182) think thats thanks to different subframe? (cause long wishbones give you more camber) or wishbones maybe? (more camber?) and see late and early ph2? mines is from 2002 dont know its late or early? ph2 are made from 2001.. to 2003 even 2004 i thaught. not really like what i read but thanks for the info ? or there maybe people on here that have got good experience with cup shocks springs underneath that non cup(without wider track etc) HOPEFULLY MORE PEOLPE HELP ME CUASE I WANT TO UPGRADE THE CLIOS HANDLING..

225 trophy ,clio 172
ok no one reply's but ok. but i just wanted to share something with you guys. a few weeks ago i had a missfire after i started it agian after 5 minutes(engine hot) i pulled over and i checked the inlet hose to the plenium cause sometimes there gets waterdamp there. but that wasnt the problem. but i took the plunge and drove to garage to see what is was while riding the stop light came on in orange and it runned on 3 cilinders when pulling. clip said nothing (cause there are to less computers in the clio2) so i changed the coilpack did nothing then in i changed the spark plugs it helped a bit for a short time but it was needed anyway cause of the water that has come in to the shaft of the plug and rusted it so they didnt look that good. but still the problem then in measured the ohm off the injectors all where the same... so then i taught what could it be? after the testdrive off the plugs change and injector measured. i heard something ticking under the hood. then i spotted the problem and saw it the spark lead of cilinder 1 (gearbox side renault) leaked his spark into the intake plenuim above it so no spark to plug. changed the leads and problem was gone i to putted some thick ruber around cilinder 1 lead so it doesnt wear down agian on the engine block(oildamp recycling) while there i to changed the seal off the vvt solonoid so leaks less but that a side. i just wanted to let you guys know that its not always the the injectors that can be the problem just to help you guys out;) hopefully people will help me with things in the future.

225 trophy ,clio 172
further cause im online anyway im thinking off getting a twingo 2 dci cause they drive nice but i think there are to soft sprung and have to much electronic steering control (but that can be adapted) but my question is cause is saw it somewhere on here... is the twingo 2 same as the clio 2 suspension and what would be a good upgrade for it without being to bouncy(not like a 133 cup cause that has no suspension lol) and hopefully people help still further with the clio cup question above but o well i dont think it will.. i want to store the 172 maybe anyway(put away)