ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front brake pads

clio 172
hey guys just need some advice... my front brake pads need replacing... what are they best ones to buy, where to buy from and price? also is it difficult to change these yourself?

BMW M135i
Mine are brilliant with the rubber shims on the back of them, no coppaslip at all and there silent. The set I fitted to my 1.6 that came with the shims you had to cut and stick wern't so good but coppaslip solved that.

Squeel is all down to the installation apparently. Although I think some pad compounds are just prone to it.

VaVa
I had the Greenstuffs with the sticky rubber shim you had to cut and stick yourself. They don't squeal at all.

A decent replacement for the OEM pads, but not miles better in terms of initial bite or resistance to fade imho. Perfectly fine for the road though.