ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 geometry settings?

Clio 172 Cup
My 172 Cup understeers really badly at the moment. I had a basic tracking adjustment done by a local garage, and if anything that made matters worse. The front tyres are fairly worn, but not to anything like the extent I would image you'd need to generate that much understeer. So, before I shell out for a new set of tyres all round I'm going to ask the garage to swap the current Conti Sports front-to-rear and double check the geometry.

It's a completely standard Cup (OEM springs, OEM shocks, 16" Turinis, 195/45 tyres). Does anyone know what geo settings it should be running?

I'm assuming the garage would have access to that information anyway, but I thought it was worth double checking before throwing away the current tyres that really don't look that bad to me.

LY FF182
If you want less under steer quickest way is setting 1mm/8-10 minutes of toe out. That'll help. Check what make tyres you have front and rear too and post that up