ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 handbrake issue

tiTTy & SV650
Was parked on a steep hill today and when I was maneouvering back out of a space I pulled the hand brake on just before I wanted to draw forward and out of the space.

The handbrake lever pulled up, made a noise and then came up way beyond where it normally stops.

The handbrake still works but not got much ratchet action, is it likely to be the cable has slipped or an adjuster has broken?

I'm happy enough to leave it in gear for a few days just curious as to what it could be.

Cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You've broke it!!!! In only 3wks!!!

I see people put the handbrake on so brutally...I barely put it on...

tiTTy & SV650
I barely use it - I've got more mechanical sympathy than you'll ever know. Always push the button in when I pull it up too don't wrench it up on the ratchet.

Sold me a shed :rasp:

tiTTy & SV650
did find some white paint on the seat runners which instantly made me think - cat d with a drivers seat from a breakers.