ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 headunit change

Ive changed the headunit in my 172 & now the steering wheel controls & dash display dont work, is there any way of getting these to work again???

2012 WRX Waggon

Yeah u should have though about that before u changed it!!!

or on a more helpful note - u might wanna check to see what adapter u require to re-instate the stalk controls, they are manufacturer specific ... u should be able to find an answer somewhere on here.

Cheers A-cup your a big help!!! Lagerlout was a bit more helpful though. If you cant help keep your opinions to yourself!!!

2012 WRX Waggon

dont worry mate....most people on here do try to help when they can!!

others just poke fun....till they need help!

Yeah i did realise they wouldnt work but i wanted to install a sub & amp & the standard head-unit doesnt have pre-outs, so i was just wondering if i could get them to work again. I heard there was a lead available for a costly price of a £100 for my PIONEER head-unit but just wondered if there was any short cuts? Cheers again A-cup!!!!

VaVa

As far as I know mate there are only leads available for Kenwood, Alpine, Sony and Blaupunkt. Have never seen one for Pioneer.

Never heard of any other method for retaining stalk controls without one of the above leads. Sorry I couldnt be more help.

I changed my head unit today too, I was torn between a sexy new sony or my stalk controls.....the sony won, but looks like I can have both after all!!:cool:

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 23 November 2003

I changed my head unit today too, I was torn between a sexy new sony or my stalk controls.....the sony won, but looks like I can have both after all!!:cool:
Which sony did you go for? I think you can get a lead to keep the stalk controls and the display if you have a sony H/U

Mk2 Golf GTI

i looked into this. theres a lead by Autoleads which enables you to use the stalk controls for around £30-40 or one for the display and stalk which ive been quoted for £70-100. TBH i dont think it is worth paying the extra for the display as it is pretty primitive. on my dynamique it only displays the track number/radio station but im not sure if its any different on the 172. It doesnt even tel you how long the track has been playing FFS! The display on the headunit will look much better anyway!!