ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Hid/xenons

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

obviously i know the low down on the above but, are they blue looking on the clio - i faintly remember seing one on the motorway and them being quite blue?

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Cool thats good enough for me, they dont stat constant blue as their self leveling so they change all the time!

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

i hat a 6000k kit in my last car they were blue on start up but very white onc warm - but they were aftermarket so not self leveling.

VaVa

Whats the levelling got to do with the colour??:confused:

Mine are really blueish when they first strike up, but get whiter as they get hotter. My friend says he can spot my car a mile off because of the headlights.... much bluer than others...:D

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

depending on the angle of the light the colour may appeare a diffrent tint of blue, so when there self leveling they are at a diffrent angle!! **i know i make sense - i think**

as long as the look like zenons and not like the pants punto ones!!

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 01 September 2004

IMO clio xenons are the most blue you can get on UK roads, large lamps help
is this the same for the 182?

cause mine are really blue i think that they look cool

Ford Fiesta

yeah craig they are the same bulbs in the 182. I even put blue vision sidelights and main beam in mine these look white in other cars but at the side of the xenon bulb they look yellow. got a small vid of them starting up if anyone wants to host it, it shows how they start purple then get whiter.

Ford Fiesta

just looked at it its 12MB! Id need to edit it down a bit first, unless someone wants to do it for me. I dont have a program on the pc what will compress MPEG videos. and its only 32secs long.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

It was the muts nuts, one of the best things ive ever bought for a car! you can get the said kits for around £200 - £300s

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

I bought it off a friend, but one of my mates just got a kit off ebay just do a search for HID Kits

HTH

Pete