ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 import or not (URGENT)

1.8 Civic EX
if there is a little LED by the gear stick does that meen a 172 is an import or not?

alos, does it actually make that much difference if it is an import? insurance wise?!? any extra documents that would need filling in at all?!?

VW ....
no difference insurance wise or additonal paperwork .

if it's an import also wont have etched windows & either no alarm or an aftermarket alarm .

1.8 Civic EX
so it might not have an alarm/imobaliser at all? it still has the flashing red light between the dials on the dash...

Caterham 1400 Supersport
I wouldn't be worried if it's an import or not. Mine is. :)
Buy on condition and if you feel strongly about it then use the fact it's an import as a bartering tool. Insurance for me is identical, and when I have been offered p/x not one trader has even noticed it's an import.

Cheers, Dave

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Not all uk cars have window etching mind. My mates 182 didn't and his came brand new from a Renault Dealer.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
What difference does it make if its an import anyway i dont get it?

All cars are imports strictly speaking anyway the dealers only get them from over the channel anyway??

The imports are UK spec cars. Whats the problem?? :S

The Bus and MRT
Mine was a UK spec import mate, nothing to worry about although you may want to check if the undercarrage has been sealed properly as they don't bother in hotter countrys where there's not grit on the roads so it might start rusting, my brothers scooby needed another coat and he bought his from Motorpoint

1.8 Civic EX
thanks very much for all the quick response's guys!

I'm not actually looking at the car my dad is haha! I'm at work doing all the digging about on the net, he's at the dealers doing all the "money talk"

Turbos.
Obvious ones are no alarm as standard or locking wheel bolts. Also has no etching on windows and it should have a 6CD autochanger.

Just ring up your dealer, if your reg isn't on the system it wasn't a UK car.

al

ST on the way...
Some of the imports aren't quite full spec.

For example some are missing the silver dial surrounds, trip computer etc...