ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Inlet/unknown problem

Trophy #321
Hi,

I changed the spark plugs today and wasn't aware at the time that your supposedly meant to change the gasket on the under-side of the inlet, so i started the car and it started to idle at about 2k, the light under the fuel (which looks like a heart-rate monitor) and my engine management light came on, I'll get a new gasket tomorrow and fit it but i wondered if the ECU will reset itself or if I need to take it to a garage to get the lights off? any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Adam

ITB'd MK1
you've probably just disturbed the seal, they dont need replacing every time. it'll have come out of it's groove. Refit it and go

light on suggests you've left something unplugged

secret
Ive also done this and everything looks ok. Ticks over around 2k and the hunts between 1500k and 2000k if i put the clutch in wen driving. Shall i also check this seal/gasket??

Trophy #321
you've probably just disturbed the seal, they dont need replacing every time. it'll have come out of it's groove. Refit it and go

light on suggests you've left something unplugged

Ok so no need to replace the gasket. Im sure I haven't but I will double check. Thanks for the help. Adam

Trophy #321
Fixed, absolutely baffled, took everything off again, gasket seemed fine, wiped it down, put everything back together as I did last time, started it...works fine, engine management still on but presume it will have stored the fault and need reset? but it's fixed itself. lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Lights should be out I think now :S

I asked Renault Parts about one of those little seals and they said you can't get them lol :eek:

ITB'd MK1
dont think i've tried to buy one separate. I've managed to keep a few spares from gasket sets for ITB builds when it's not been used though

Trophy #321
Lights should be out I think now :S

I asked Renault Parts about one of those little seals and they said you can't get them lol :eek:

Been running the car since monday night with engine management light on....and today it decided to go off....why I do not know. haha. Good times.

"Navy" N17 TWO
:lolup: typical French the engine is almost bullet-proof but the electrics are made of cheese :rolleyes: