ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk2 24k service

Just been quoted £196 for a 24000 mile service on a Clio 172 Mk2.

This was from Renault Leicester.

Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers,

Chris.

Mike, they didnt say why it was more than the 12000 service, as far as I am aware there isnt a lot of difference between the 12000 and 24000 service. I do remember reading that they do a road test on the 24000 service though. I am going to make sure I note down the mileage, I would have thought a couple of miles is sufficient for a road test? Also Im going to mark the oil filter etc to make sure that they get changed. Ive also asked them to sort out my 4000rpm rattle/resonance and stated that I asked them to fix this at the 12000 service (which they couldnt do as they didnt have enough staff at the time). I asked if it would be covered under warranty and they said they didnt know until they took a look. It was the service manager I spoke to so why didnt he just come out with it and say, oh yes thats a common fault with 172s, its probably the exhaust mid section. Ive had this problem since day one but have put up with it upto now.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ots should be the same price as a 12k as it is an A service accotding to the service hand book. Its the 36k which should be more expensive as its a B service.

Renault Laguna Coupe

If its the same items on the schedule as the 12k service then it sounds a wee bit steep, although prices do vary in different parts of the country. Make sure you know what youre getting for your money, and if the service jobs are the same for the 12k and 24k services, make sure you pay whatever you paid at 12k.

The other thing I am going to do is make sure my washer fluid is topped up to maximum on the day and see if they charge me for washer fluid. I paid £185 for my 12000 service at the same place less than a year ago.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

wtf isnt a 12k service just oil and filters

oil filter £10

oil £20

Airfilter £10 (at the most)

I dont believe it!!!

Just booked the car in and queried the price, it is now £186, great member of staff quoted me £196 and the other £186. Do they make the prices up as they go?

Also, I mentioned the 4000k rattle and they recon its the exhaust heat shield.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

shame your paying £186 for a stamp

you could do it all yourself for less than £100

much much less like £70

dont fall for that heat shield bullsh*t its a known fault