ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk2 Gearbox Gone?? PLEASE HELP

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Last nite on my way home from a meet i heard a clonk halfway down a dual carriageway then i had a loud waring noise. I stayed in 4th as i was slowing anyway which was fine but wouldnt go into 3rd, Managed to home ok, Ive still got 1st gear but i couldnt select reverse!
This morning been back to the car and ive noticed a trail of gearbox oil where i came in, still used 1st gear to move the car into another parking space but on tick over the car makes a scretching noise.
As im totally useless with this sort of thing-has my gearbox definately gone?
A mate suggested the possibility of some pin falling out

BMW M135i
Theres the diff circlip that falls out but its not that at you wouldn't have drive at all. Box is shafted by the sounds of it, time for a new one. They won't stand up to abuse at all really.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
the diffs down pop out of the 172 box there bolted in not circlip,the casing may have broke?