ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 electric window issues

Ph1 Flame Red 172
Hi there,

When I purchased the car I was told the passenger window didn't work, which I wasn't too bothered about seeing as I was never going to be a passenger in my own car!

However the time has come to sell the car and I wanted to get it fixed.

Today I took the door apart. Cleaned some of the connections and it still didn't work.

Checked the fuse box and found that there was no fuse present for the passenger electric window. I fitted a new fuse and tried again. This time I could hear the motor running fine.

On closer inspection the winder is turning but the wire isn't. It is seemingly frayed at two ends and lying on the bottom of the door skin is two separate pieces (6 or 7 inches) of wire covered in rubber. I'm assuming these were part of the sire mechanism that connected to the window.

Access is rather limited to say the least and I can't see where the wire winder would connect or how to get the window down so I can see the base of the window.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas? What parts will I need to complete the job?

Many thanks in advance :)

Andrew

Ph1 Flame Red 172
Ah, on searching eBay it seems the parts in the bottom of the door skin were the remaining parts of the regulator.