ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase 1 poor fitment front bumper pics?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
does anybody have any good pictures of there poorly fitting phase 1 front bumper? just to make me feel better and so i know im not the only one.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
cheers for that mate well helpfull. There suppost to fit crap after time as they warp. So just wanted to see the gaps people have between the headlights and the bumper. so cheers danny for your help much appreciated

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Crap fit round the headlights? If so they are all like that

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
quick and dirty way of having a neat ph-1 bumper

get the plastic crash boxes inside the bumper and the top lid plastic welded then you will never see warpage again.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
It is certainly a design fault for starters. I have tried couple of different things, this one worked a treat.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
sorry mate, it is already installed, by the way I am Alper :) much prefer that.

this is how it looks after fitment

17825579.jpg

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
The area that I am talking about is right above the license plate. You will see what I mean once you take the bumper off.

Evo 6, E92 320d
It just takes a bit of adjusting when you tighten it up, i find if you loosely tighten it and give it a whack each side helps.

Lots of Alfas
Mines the same as the above, Ive seen a lot worse. If you loosen the bolts that go into the bottom of the wing and the bolts under the grille, get someone to push the bumper into the car, then tighten it improves the gaps.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
nick p mines exactly like yours in the first pics. I will have a bit of felting around by loosening and see what result i get thanks

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
Im glad its not just mine then, I was worried mine had been messed with. Its not exactly the end of the world but is a bit niggling

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Mines a bit worse than Nicks on one side and absolutely perfect on the other side, next weekends job is to try to get it sorted, or at least even!