ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase 1 throttle cable gets stiff/stuck in turns

I'm kind of confused by this. The the throttle gets very stiff or even stuck when cornering. When I apply pressure to the pedal it gets really difficult to press resulting in giving it too much throttle and thus making the car incredibly jerky.

I've already tried using some gearbox oil to lube it up which seems to help for a little bit but after a little bit it just goes back to how it was.

What grease would you guys recommend using to lube the throttle cable? Also, does mine sit at a weird angle? It's a relatively new OEM cable (LHD car!):
1620821128451.png

Just to clarify, it's not the throttle body getting stuck. This one has been enlarged and rebuilt. When lubing up the cable its fine so I'm confident its the cable. Especially since it happens during cornering.